Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine bought a set of adapter that will let you put a set of FE style (big block) valve covers on a small block. Has anyone ever heard of this? He will not say where he got them at but they do look good on his car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw some on a small block chevy once, in a corvette. No idea who makes such a thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up on ebay.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have sold several adapters (from the 60s and 70s) as well as spacers, but haven't heard of that one before. Have even seen/sold adaptors for SBF adaptors to put on Chevy engines when said engine is installed in a Ford street rod!!

I just sold a very nice set of 428CJ finned aluminum valve covers on Ebay for nearly 300 bucks, so I don't understand the attraction. There are many, many nice smooth and finned valve covers for the SBF, so I don't know if there is even a market for FE covers on a SBF. They may be one-offs, ie custom made, which wouldn't be all that difficult to make if you own/have access to a milling machine. Certainly would be nice to see pics if you can get them...

randy

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend that has these has them on a 66 Fairlane that is a 427 clone. He has a 427 CI Windsor in the car and found these in some magazine. They really make the looks of the engine because alot of guys that know FE engines see the FE valve covers and thinks it is a big block. He is very tight lipped on where he got them. It seems to me that I did hear that it was some DR. out in Colorado that makes them. He will not let me see what they look like because he knows I am a Tool & Die maker and afraid that I might copy them. What he doesn't know is that if I wanted a set of them it would not be hard for me to make a set.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I bought a pair directly from Rupert Hartman for my 69 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II long nose car. These cars all come with 351W motors & I wanted to run the FE "Mercury" scripted pentroff valve covers on the car. Clearance is very close to the brake booster, but they are neat. He can be contacted directly at: [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts