Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a long hard look at my dependable daily driver. And I fear I mya have to start over.
I hate it. But,
rails are rusting through, needs a battery side replaced, fu8ll engine compartment resto. the hood needs either resto/replace. new dash, new dash pad, rear wheel by repair and reat rear end body rebuild.

I may be car shooping for another 68. Tax money came back in but dang it's depressing. I love this car. I think if I do find a replacement, I'll park this one at my family's barn till I get the carreer and can afford to put a coupla grand in it. It has served me far too well.

1968 Coupe, 6cyl Std, Bench Seat. Driven through 10 years of College.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I can appreciate that. I'd suggest trying to clean it up and get what you can tho....at least if you are planning on moving to a new car. You'll fall in love with the new one just as well and why not let someone else enjoy your old car and restore it back to its glory as well?

I used to love my 1979 Sunbird hatchback ... I still think that car smokes most out there (4 spd, 302 4bbl in a super light car) ... bought it for $200 and had to park on hills to jump start :) ... I'm probalby going to get another like it just for kicks at some point, but its better to put my attention into a new project and move on!

+--------------------+
1969 Mach 1 ( M-Code)
+--------------------+

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Well, as I'm sure you know, doing that kind of repair on a 68 6-cyl coupe would not be financially wise. You'd have FAR more into it than it would ever be worth. However, I think 95% of us who have restored Stangs have more into them than their worth, I know I do! So it boils down to sentimental value on this particular Coupe, and that alone may make it worth while. If your goal is THAT car, go for it. If your goal is a cool Stang, move on to another.

DanM
66 Coupe, check her out at http://www.66CoupeNW.stangnet.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

1 - 3 of 3 Posts