Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get a copy yet? The article on the 65 that Boyd Coddington built for Scotty Grey is such a crock. His love for his wife built the car? Come on, it was at Barret Jackson shortly after it was built. And who builds a car for the wife he loves and doesnt put side mirrors on it? It is a nice looking car though, I just dont get the story.

·
Registered
328 Posts
When you get as exposed as these guys doing artistic interpretations on automobiles... or overexposed you start to loose your sense of reality I believe... whatrever it takes to push the envelope for a couple extra bucks..you do it...rationalize later = stupid moments

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was thinking the same thing while I read the article. The car was nice though.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I was thinking the same thing while I read the article. The car was nice though.
Ditto. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Is Boyds stupid show even on TV anymore or did his stupid BS management style, or lack thereof, finally lead the show to be cancelled? Boyd is a hack and an idiot in my book.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
It would appear that he loves money more than his wife. At least he has his priorities in line. ::
Oh yea, that's the car that required a mustangII front suspension to squeeze a monster 302 in. Boy for pro's they sure whinned about a little rust, Guess that makes the rest of us super hot rodders.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just got the issue yesterday and the first thing I thought is why was it at auction so fast if it was this "love machine". It's funny though, I carry on about M & F's all Eleanor format, so what do we get for a change....Boyd!!!!!!!!!!! :horror: :puke:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey i would kill to get M&F out here in the middle east. I have to settle for Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. Its nice but theres nothing in there older than fox body Mustangs. And I havent seen any classic cars out here when I'm doing convoys off base. A lot of nice exotics though. Anyway, did his show ever get cancelled? I watched it like 3 times and finally decided that it really isnt worth wasting time on. Need some Automaniacs, thats a good show.....

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
That article was something else. First: The title of the article on cover, called it a "Reality Check". To those, me included, who grimmaced when Boyd deliberately blew the engine, know that the engine was a V-8, not a 6 as written. Boyd and Duh-wayne went to a barn somewhere to get the car. No doubt it was staged, but the engine blow-up scene wasn't. AND IT WAS A V-8! Think that the writer got this car mixed up with the one that Chip Foose did. That one was a 6 banger that DID need a clip. Crazy Horse, in the fiasco series, didn't. It was massaged, but not clipped. But then, maybe some of this was omitted in the series. Mention was made about renderings to determine the color, etc. It didn't quite happen that way in the series. DO remember that the body was rough and Charlie spent a lot of time making the roof straight. At this time, Charlie was getting ready to pull a Hank Snow-"I'm Movin' On"! Carolina Racing & Performance must be RC Motorsports in Florence, SC. Coincidentally, their full page ad falls right after the "article". Granted, some things were done to that car that weren't explained, like the removable core support, actually not a bad idea. But to think that they did it from a rendering doesn't ring true. That car went through auction at least once, and maybe twice. And, in future features, Crazy Horse was seen in the shop as background scenery for quite awhile. A bit much, was the "filler" **** in the article, like comparing the car to the Native American Lakota Warriors-"The Crazy Horse Mustang fastback is a noble warrrior, hellbent to both survive and defend the legend of hot Ford performance". :rolleyes: In fairness, the body fit on that car is excellent-my hood on "BluStang" should have fit that precise! Save for the wheels and the UGH! steering wheel, it is sharp! It would make a perfect "Ad Car" for Rainex...look Ma!! NO wipers! :lol:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Lowe-

Looking over the last 12 months of M&F they have only run three Eleanor type Mustangs (all cover shots though). :naive:

With an average of four features a month (that's 48 cars) the three Eleanor cars account for roughly 6.5% of the features. That's not what I would call an "all Eleanor" format. :biggrin:

Hell, I think Mustang Monthly runs way more Eleanor bodied cars than M&F does!

Just food for thought.

Oh, and the Boyd car is cool, but that show was nothing more than staged BS to pump the Boyd name!

K

·
0 Posts
Anyone heard of the outcome of Coddington's legal trouble with forging titles? His place was raided and all files taken as eveidence, last year I think.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
STROKERDUDE- sure sounds to me like you work for M&F....Are you Mark Houlahan, Editor of Mustang & Fords magazine? I subscribe to M&F and like it.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Whatever you may think of Coddington's operation, in the eyes of the uninformed he's the big leagues. It seems like no matter how much his "American Hot Rod" show exposed the deficiencies of him AND his shop floor, he still has a line out the door of millionaire check writers waiting to issue him six figure versions of same for his products. So it's a good thing for the hobby for the show to have put a classic Stang in its spotlights. The greatest threat to the hobby is government regulation, pushed by greenies and nanny state handwringers who know nothing about the cars. The more marginalized and hidden from view the old car hobby is, the more success these efforts will have. The more familiar and mainstream, the less the chances of success.

Now Mustang & Fords, which by definition is known only to those already in the know, that's another story. . . .

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts