Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Kelly_H - #35

Votes: 16 36.4%

February 2023 Vintage Mustang Challenge - Memory Lane

15K views 53 replies 34 participants last post by  chillininnh 
#1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Congrats again to @image98, January's winner.​

Let's take a trip down memory lane and revisit a place where you made memories with your trusty ride.

Share a photo of your Vintage Mustang at one of your favorite destinations from last year!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  • If you won in a previous month, you cannot win for the rest of the year; however, if you have a second Mustang that meets the criteria, you can enter that.
  • You may submit up to 5 photos
  • Voting will take place toward the end of the month
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status
  • A place in the Vintage-Mustang.com winner's gallery
Have fun!
~MR

See less See more
#3 ·
At gate 122 of the Silver State Classic Challenge in September 2022. My daughter and I were there as volunteers and camped out the night before at our assigned location.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Sky Plant community Mountain Natural landscape Bedrock

#4 · (Edited)
A few pictures from Deep River Water Park, off season.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

A little video from the Tire Rack

A run at GrissionAFB

#27 ·
#9 · (Edited)
My last ride of the year is typically a trip around the big lake (Lake Winnipesaukee). These pics are from the overlook on RT11 near Mount Major in Alton.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Cloud

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

#13 ·
Cars look great Jeff. I may be misremembering, did you swap the 67 for the 69? It’s been awhile. Cheers.

#12 ·
We did the power tour last year. This was the first time my car‘s been out of South Florida in its entire life. Memphis, Nashville, Hoover Al., Pensacola and Atlanta
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle
Wheel Cloud Automotive parking light Tire Sky
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

#14 ·
I don't know if Momma Falcon, or Cousin Cougar, is welcome to play in this game. (Mods, please feel free to delete these pics.)

Anyways, here's a trip down memory lane. Since I usually seek my fun outside of the parks, I have not been to the Devil's Garden in a few decades. Taken last August.

Miss Peregrinator visits the Garden in early morning light.

A couple of Harley tourers ogle my birdie.

Noon day sun on the LaSal Loop Road w/ the Castle Valley in the background.

Sorry to those who may have already seen these in the gallery forum recently, but these matched the theme so well. I'll post others in the future.

---

#17 ·
Last year, took my daily driver, a green 65 convertible up along the California coast on Highway 1. Started in LA, stopped off at NPD in Ventura for some parts, and continued up along the coast through Morro bay up to Paso Robles. Drove the entire way with the top down! Earlier in the year, I swapped the C4 for a 4R70W and installed a pair of heated LSC heated Recaro seats. Made the trip right before I made a number of other upgrades. Loving the overdrive. Had a blast as the weather was perfect.

Morro Bay, CA
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Paso Robles

Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Tire

Sky Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

Avila Beach
Tire Wheel Water Sky Car

Water Tire Car Sky Wheel

#18 ·
Last year, took my daily driver, a green 65 convertible up along the California coast on Highway 1. Started in LA, stopped off at NPD in Ventura for some parts, and continued up along the coast through Morro bay up to Paso Robles. Drove the entire way with the top down! Earlier in the year, I swapped the C4 for a 4R70W and installed a pair of heated LSC heated Recaro seats. Made the trip right before I made a number of other upgrades. Loving the overdrive. Had a blast as the weather was perfect.
Heated Seats 😳 Do not tell my wife 😂
Nice car and nice drive !

#29 ·
We drove past that place last week and I thought about ya when I saw how much gravel was in that lot. Crazy.

#32 ·
Not my car (my mothers I helped restore). All my vehicles were in different states of disrepair and I needed something to drive. I used her car as a daily from the beginning of June until I went to college this fall. Never let me down. Stuck in traffic when it was about 100 degrees and it never overheated. I drove it everywhere! Couldn’t have asked for a more reliable car. Gotta love the Cleveland!
Here it is at the ford carlisle nationals. First time I got to bring a car down with my father. Definitely will never forget my borrowed trusty sidekick Mach 1.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.