Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crap...my Mustang Plus Shelby LED tailight panel is missing in action. Actually, the Fed X guy stopped today at my house and took the packages back after not getting a sig from me. I was at work and the dang stuff is paid for. They left a tag stating no sig received and no more info. Are they going to come back or do I have to get ahold of somebody? IM BUMMED... :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
Put a note on your door saying "Fedex Delivery, please leave package on the *back porch, etc*. Thanks. Signature" I've done this numerous times, and its worked each time. They just write the signature online as "porch" or door or your last name. By doing that you sign off the legal liability they have.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
You can also sign a signature waiver with FedEX, fix it once and for all.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Do not do it. Just arrange for a delivery when you can be there. I lost $16,000 worth of computer equipment when the driver signed for it and I was overseas working. My wife just happened to be working in Mexico for a few weeks. They never reimbursed me for the loss and I had to pay it.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Unfortunately Fed Ex and UPS work when we work too. When I get a notice, I just call the 800 number and have them hold the package at the local distribution center. Then I'll go pick it up in the next couple days when I have a chance. Works great, every time. Never waive your signature, that's like leaving cash on your driveway.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I tried to use my work address yesterday from a Mustang parts place and the order would not go through until the shipping and billing addresses were the same. Whats worse the invoice they sent says they are not responsible for shipping damages and the best way to expedite the process is to refuse delivery due to damage...... I can't do that if I can't get it delivered to my work...

·
Administrator
19,528 Posts
I solved that by giving my work address for one of my credit cards. I always have all deliveries made to my office. Guess it helps that I own the business. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
One plus is the depots are usually open late until 7 or 8pm so you can pick it up after work. I've done that with UPS and FedEx a few times.
I think my post office has package pickup until 7 as well.

I always worry about packages sitting out when there is no sig required - I've had stuff left even when there was a sig required like a laptop once. Luckily it was OK and it saved me the trip but it could've been messy if it didn't!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Laurie_S said:
I solved that by giving my work address for one of my credit cards. I always have all deliveries made to my office. Guess it helps that I own the business. ;)
This is the first time I have ever had an issue, what if it was a gift? Its a good idea though.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have about 95% of my stuff delivered to work and I will often use suppliers that will ship to a different address than one that forces me to send it to my house. I have some relationships with parts suppliers like Mustangs Plus for long enough and purhased enough stuff from them they will make an exception since my business address in in their files. I don't think they would do it now if I was a new client.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I'm with Laurie on this one but I own my business as well. I've also gotten to be good friends with my UPS delivery guy (he's a car guy, go figure) and give him permission to leave deliveries with the business next door. He then leaves a sticker on my door telling me. This has worked out great.
Ken

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everythings A OK...I signed the thing stuck on the door and left it...the packages were sitting by the door in the RAIN when I went home for lunch. Moisture did not make it inside the boxes, I made it just in time. :p

·
Registered
392 Posts
...do I get a brownie point? This has saved me the headaches of waiting and waiting for packages, glad it helped you regardless of horror stories.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts