Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to order a 2nd new window regulator because I accidently bent the last one during my install when I cranked it down too far without the stop in place (my mistake). So chose to order from CJ because they're Vegas shipping usually gets to me next day. I paid for shipping and CJ stated it would be shipped UPS. Much to my chagrin the package was instead shipped FedEx ground and of course arrived a day late. But wait there's more...see picture of what I got. The package was completely ripped open and the regulator had fallen out and no where to be found. Naturally the driver booked out of my neighborhood before I could even stop him. Of course its Sunday and tomorrow is memorial day so I'm totally screwed in finishing my window and now I have to go to customer service hell with both CJ and FedEx. Why would you deliver a package in that condition without notifying the recipient? FedEx you suuuuck! And why is CJ using FedEx when they state UPS on their site? I'm so pissed right now. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Unfortunately you have now realized the "Shippers" today real world.
I can't even begin to express, display all damaged products that have been received from our customers.
Yes UPS/USPS/Fed-up.
We over pack, OVER pack, then get this BS it was not packaged appropriately
The appropriateness is in the manor thee boxes are being processed.
You can not drop a 25 pound box of a 3 ft conveyor into another conveyor, then another.
The dead drops are damaging, brutal,
Problem is they are speeding up , trying to gain monetary, with no facility/paid employs to get it done.

·
I won a special award
7,982 Posts
I recently ordered three 1 gallon jugs of motor oil online. Two days later while at work I watched on my doorbell camera as the Fedex guy put the box with the jugs of oil on my porch. Fifteen minutes later he came back and picked it up. Puzzled I went home after work and discovered the reason he took the package back. One of the jugs was leaking oil and left stains all the way up my driveway, down my front walk and on my front porch and step. He failed to leave a note or attempt to speak with me even though I have a Ring doorbell allowing two-way communication. I was pissed to say the least at the stains and I'm still fighting with Fedex to clean up the stains.

·
Registered
1966 Coupe C Code
1,027 Posts
I’d have to say Ontrac would be the worst for me. When I ordered my fuel injection they didn’t deliver it until 10pm. I heard the driver pull up and they heaved it at the door. A good 7ft. So loud it woke my wife up. And of course before I could say anything they drove away. It wasn’t in an outer box, so everyone would know what it is. Every time I’ve got something from Ontrac it’s come after 9pm. Summit usually uses Ontrac on the west coast.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I recently ordered three 1 gallon jugs of motor oil online. Two days later while at work I watched on my doorbell camera as the Fedex guy put the box with the jugs of oil on my porch. Fifteen minutes later he came back and picked it up. Puzzled I went home after work and discovered the reason he took the package back. One of the jugs was leaking oil and left stains all the way up my driveway, down my front walk and on my front porch and step. He failed to leave a note or attempt to speak with me even though I have a Ring doorbell allowing two-way communication. I was pissed to say the least at the stains and I'm still fighting with Fedex to clean up the stains.
I know you want FedEx to clean up the mess, good luck. WD-40 and cheap kitty litter will draw most if not all of the oil out of the concrete. Spray WD-40 and then hit it with a brush to break down the oil and follow up with kitty litter on top. It wicks the diluted oil out. With clean new oil, you should be able to get all the oil stains out.

·
Registered
1966 T code coupe
338 Posts
I up until recently worked in shipping/receiving for the last 15 years. Fedex is pretty terrible. They brought in many more damaged packages then UPS ever did. But both companies changed their policy awhile back where they could drop off packages and not need a signature. I'd be away from my area and come back to boxes sitting there. Damage didn't matter to them. They dropped off and boogied. Then I'd have to call and go through the whole claims process etc. What a PITA.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I had a thread running last week on Fed Ex. I finally got my package and it was ripped open but thank goodness the package within was undamaged. What a fiasco.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here's an Amazon story. Two packages delivered to our house were for someone else. Addresses weren't even close. My wife calls Amazon and they tell her just to keep packages, they will re send new items to the correct address. So its like secret Santa and we get to open the boxes. Mostly just girly stuff. I did get a silk pillow case out of it though. My head is so cool and comfy at night now.

·
Registered
67 Fastback T5 331 TCI Frt End, Canted 4 link rear susp
707 Posts
Had two bucket seat delivered and they put them right up against the garage door. I get in the SUV, open the garage door and drive out. Fortunately the boxes were large enough that the bumper just pushed them along without damage until I heard it.

Remember this guy...well he now works in shipping.

·
Registered
1971 302 C4 auto convertible, Grabber Blue/white/white
149 Posts
UPS is no better. See attached, $200 worth of contents destroyed…

and FedEx lost my 5 gallon Bucket of drylock paint and told me to complain to Home Depot instead

·
Registered
662 Posts
No pictures but when I got my sway bar it was half out side of the box ups my fedex driver is local and a car guy he puts them in the garage and walks them but that’s a driver who cares and deserves more pay

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Unfortunately you have now realized the "Shippers" today real world.
I can't even begin to express, display all damaged products that have been received from our customers.
Yes UPS/USPS/Fed-up.
We over pack, OVER pack, then get this BS it was not packaged appropriately
The appropriateness is in the manor thee boxes are being processed.
You can not drop a 25 pound box of a 3 ft conveyor into another conveyor, then another.
The dead drops are damaging, brutal,
Problem is they are speeding up , trying to gain monetary, with no facility/paid employs to get it done.
I have a friend in Ohio that works as a loadmaster for DHL. You wouldn't believe the level of employees
they have on the "shop floor." So you're dealing with that even before packages get to the automated
portion of the "ride." Management doesn't care and there is nothing in place to improve and no desire to
get better. If your name is Amazon things are a bit brighter. That's their cash cow.

If things are anything like that at FedEx and UPS, there's no hope for small business or non-business
residential customers.

·
I won a special award
7,982 Posts
I know you want FedEx to clean up the mess, good luck. WD-40 and cheap kitty litter will draw most if not all of the oil out of the concrete. Spray WD-40 and then hit it with a brush to break down the oil and follow up with kitty litter on top. It wicks the diluted oil out. With clean new oil, you should be able to get all the oil stains out.
I hit it with some degreaser and the power washer the day it happened. I got most of the stain out, but some still remains. I want Fedex to send someone out and finish the job.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
In the mid-70's, I worked at UPS in L.A. I removed parcels from the rotating line and placed them in the driver areas for delivery the next day. We were taught to slide packages across the floor where possible to save steps. One night I took a package and slid it across the floor. About half way to where it was going it hit a elevated seam in the floor and flipped end over end. When the package hit the floor you heard a crash and then it started bleeding. The contents was two bottles of wine. I was told not to worry as it was insured, just throw paper towels on it to clean up the mess.
The next morning when I came to work, someone had dropped a box of 1/2 inch ball bearings, what a mess.
That was back in the 70's, I can imagine it has not gotten any better.

Yeah agree 100% that OnTrac is the worst. To meet on time delivery promise they will report a package delivered when it has not. I felt fortunate that the managed to "find" the package the next day and deliver it. I feed back to Newegg they needed to find another carrier.

·
Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
267 Posts
Had to order a 2nd new window regulator because I accidently bent the last one during my install when I cranked it down too far without the stop in place (my mistake). So chose to order from CJ because they're Vegas shipping usually gets to me next day. I paid for shipping and CJ stated it would be shipped UPS. Much to my chagrin the package was instead shipped FedEx ground and of course arrived a day late. But wait there's more...see picture of what I got. The package was completely ripped open and the regulator had fallen out and no where to be found. Naturally the driver booked out of my neighborhood before I could even stop him. Of course its Sunday and tomorrow is memorial day so I'm totally screwed in finishing my window and now I have to go to customer service hell with both CJ and FedEx. Why would you deliver a package in that condition without notifying the recipient? FedEx you suuuuck! And why is CJ using FedEx when they state UPS on their site? I'm so pissed right now. :mad:
Guess the driver thought you wouldn't notice the package was empty.......🤓

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
One day I get a call from some guy in another town, he says he has a package for me that fell out of the back of a Fedex truck in front of his house. I asked the guy to just hang on to it and Fedex would be by to pick it up. I called Fedex and they denied the whole thing and said my package had been delivered. We argued for about a half hour and they finally admitted they didn't know what happened to my package and asked me what I wanted them to do. I told them to go by the guys house, pick up the package and deliver it to me. After all, that was what they were getting paid to do. I got the package a day later.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts