Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
I ordered a Toploader transmission once and it never made it past Jacksonville Florida. The last place it was scanned. The Vender had to send another one.

Registered
Here's an Amazon story. Two packages delivered to our house were for someone else. Addresses weren't even close. My wife calls Amazon and they tell her just to keep packages, they will re send new items to the correct address. So its like secret Santa and we get to open the boxes. Mostly just girly stuff. I did get a silk pillow case out of it though. My head is so cool and comfy at night now.
Hey, could have been a vibrator and a blow up doll馃お

Reactions: gwstang

Registered
Another one-- We sent a disc brake setup to Texas. Customer receives the boxes, opens them, calls and stated he had a broken rotor??
How I ask, he said it was broke. He sent pictures, UPS had broke a larger chuck out of the side of one of the rotors.. We still do not know what kind of ruff handling the box went through.

Registered
The last steering box I had Chock rebuild disappeared on the way back to me via UPS. I asked the driver the next time he came by, and he gave me a number for someone to help at the local distribution center. They couldn't find it anywhere, and it had not been scanned out, so it should have been there. A few days later, the local Home Depot called me saying they had a package in their loading bay with my name on it somehow. Glad Chock put my phone number on it! Evidently, it was never scanned out to be on that truck, so the driver just left it with the end of the line drop.

Registered
30+ years at Big Brown. . at one time they cared about customer service.. now? .. You have no idea.. it鈥檚 embarrassing, really. Us senior guys just shake our heads.. NOT the company I started at, once it went public it鈥檚 just been a long downward slide. Just hope the shipper packages it as well as they can, then pray it shows up and in one piece. The new kids have no clue what 鈥渢aking care of the customers鈥 mean and management is only worried about CYA and cutting costs. I was always proud to say I was an employee .. now I鈥檓 kinda ashamed to admit I work for them.

Registered
I ordered a few things from Amazon a couple weeks ago. They offered me the Prime Day delivery, to deliver everything on Tues and use few boxes. So on Tues, I had 3 boxes sitting on the porch from Amazon. One box had the smallest thing in it, that should've been packed with the other one, since I had ordered 2 of them. So much for using few boxes. Now I'm just gonna do everything next day and get my money's worth out of Prime.

Registered
1966 289 3-speed
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So I know this happened on a Sunday, and Monday was memorial day. But I filed a claim with FedEx and notified CJ's immediately after this happened...do you think either has contacted me yet?

Registered
Here's an Amazon story. Two packages delivered to our house were for someone else. Addresses weren't even close. My wife calls Amazon and they tell her just to keep packages, they will re send new items to the correct address. So its like secret Santa and we get to open the boxes. Mostly just girly stuff. I did get a silk pillow case out of it though. My head is so cool and comfy at night now.
That is just part of a scam. You order something and the seller ships it using USPS, The scammer sends something stupid to another address so the tracking says "delivered". It won't show the address on the delivery. Most people will not follow up and just be out the $. I had been scammed and used PayPal the same way. I had to call support and bitch to someone in India or somewhere to get my $ back.

Registered
I work for FedEx Freight as a line haul driver, sorry any of my Mustang aficionados are having issues. I can speak from experience that many of these are the fault of the shipper, not property packing their merchandise.

One pickup I remember was a local service shop and I had just delivered a crated engine and the receiving guy pulls out a forklift with the engine core on a tire strapped to a pallet. It was leaking coolant and oil so I declined to take it and as I was calling my dispatcher the guy threw one of those little pallet shaped notepads at me.

Registered
Ontrac, AFAIK, employs private contractors using their own cars like Uber or Lyft drivers do. They learn real fast that their hourly rate plummets if your address is further away, so they try to maximize deliveries and minimize driving.

Between UPS and Fedex(does anyone say Federal Express anymore?), UPS has put the most gaping holes in my boxes. USPS just likes to crush them once in a while. DHL, at one point, wouldn't even deliver; they'd say the address was wrong and I had to come pick it up 30mi away because it was the only delivery they had that far away and would lose money delivering it.

A new one I hadn't heard of until the Christmas season is Dynamex. I don't know how they handle packages because they never delivered mine, although the tracking said they did on the day I was home the whole time. Their driver, too, had to come from 80+ mi away for a little box and probably just refused to.

Registered
1966 T code coupe
A couple days ago I ordered some Master Series Silver through Amazon. To be delivered by FedEx. I checked on it earlier today and it says it was delivered. Huh? No it wasn't. So I dug into it deeper. Says it has duplicate tracking numbers. One said delivered, the other says delivery tomorrow.
I call FedEx and they completely blow off the duplicate tracking when I ask and keep saying it will be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will be.

Registered
Had to order a 2nd new window regulator because I accidently bent the last one during my install when I cranked it down too far without the stop in place (my mistake). So chose to order from CJ because they're Vegas shipping usually gets to me next day. I paid for shipping and CJ stated it would be shipped UPS. Much to my chagrin the package was instead shipped FedEx ground and of course arrived a day late. But wait there's more...see picture of what I got. The package was completely ripped open and the regulator had fallen out and no where to be found. Naturally the driver booked out of my neighborhood before I could even stop him. Of course its Sunday and tomorrow is memorial day so I'm totally screwed in finishing my window and now I have to go to customer service hell with both CJ and FedEx. Why would you deliver a package in that condition without notifying the recipient? FedEx you suuuuck! And why is CJ using FedEx when they state UPS on their site? I'm so pissed right now. :mad:
Well USPS has a contract with FedEx that has a good reputation, the US Post Office "not so good". My recient experience with the US mail is someone in the post office system riped open the box open and stole my vintang tools. The missing product issues in the US Post Office seem to be a big problem acording to my local Mail handler.

Registered
Shipping companies are like cell phone providers, internet service providers and insurance companies. We can't live without them and they're all fine until they aren't, and then they're a damn nightmare. They have two speeds: 1) no issues, never had a problem in over a decade, etc. etc. and 2) make you want to harm yourself or others.

But are you sure CJ Pony parts didn't just ship you a ripped open, empty box? Wouldn't put it past them...

VMF Ambassador
Guess I must be lucky to be in a great spot, because my USPS lady is awesome, my Fedex guy is awesome, and I've had hardly any issues with UPS (never the same guy delivering though I don't think). All of them put stuff very carefully on my (admittedly very small) porch if it'll fit.

Except for the time I ordered a Wilwood rear disc kit, and whoever delivered it (UPS) got it like 75% of the way up my driveway, gave up, and just left it sitting there in the middle of the driveway :LOL: Fortunately, the reason that they gave up (steep driveway) is an equally good deterrent against thieves.

I do occasionally get really beat-up Amazon boxes with next to no padding in them, but never anything like what you guys are showing. Probably because Amazon has a huge hub here.

Registered
I have rarely received a damaged package from any of the big three services and have only had maybe a few packages get lost and never show up over the years. A few heavier items have arrived barely clinging to the inside of their box and that nearly fell out, but that hasn't happened very often.

The Korean mail lady here is great, so I have had almost no issues with USPS. Having said this, our area seem seems to complain a lot about our local post office for numerous reasons, but I have never had a problem there either.

UPS and Fedex seem to be about equal here and have no real significant issues with either, except once FedEx left a package at the curb by the mail box that wasn't all that large, and I'm not really sure why. Could have been because it was late in the evening and cold outside

Amazon could really bump up the item protection inside the boxes, but so far that hasn't been an issue either.

I do have a few friends that constantly gripe about damaged / missing packages from any of the 3 delivery services though. It must come down to their locations and less than desirable delivery people.

I have not really had much of an issue with shipping an item using any of them either.

Registered
1966 289 3-speed
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
This is just stupid. After 4 calls to CJ and one chat box request I have received zero communication. I am going to have to dispute the charge for the second time in one month simply because they won't respond to literally any form of communication. Utterly ridiculous.

Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
Lol, waiting on some concrete stain samples, shipped FedEx. Its last scan was in Memphis, and it shows it should be delivered by the end of the day thursday....(it's Thursday at 9:10 pm.) It's still in Memphis.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts