Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone else having problems with deliveries that come in via FEDEX?

I've had three recent deliveries from FEDEX and they've all turned into somewhat nightmare deliveries. (2 of which still aren't delivered, albeit they've been at local facility since last week)

I decided to delete the details as it turned into a bit of a rant.

Just wondering if I'm only one FEDEX seems to be screwing on consistent basis.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I haven't had any delivery problems, but I have had two recent shipments get damaged. Insurance took care of the first one. I filed the claim for the second this morning.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
We recently canceled our FEDEX account after deciding to give them a try. We're going to continue with UPS. Always stick with the evil you know!!
Thanks, Doc

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I buy a lot of Mustang parts and a lot of other stuff including tires from tirerack online.
Have never had a problem with UPS or FedEx!
They both have always been on time, no damage even to the box!

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Just thought I'd add. I'm partially crippled so do Christmas shopping online. Many
packages were delivered week before Christmas, both FedEx and UPS. All were ontime
as scheduled. This included packages from CA, NY and FL.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
I've had over 20 years dealing with both FedEx and UPS. Very few issues with Fedex. I can think of only 1 or 2 "catastrophic" issues where stuff absolutely should have been there and it was not.(no damaged stuff through Fedex)
UPS is another story entirely. I could write a book about their shipments not arriving, being mis-delivered and being damaged.....oh yeah, and their customer "service" as well- we had our own account rep because of the volume. There's not enough time in the week to tell UPS stories.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I've had a Fedex business account for a few years now and have had no problems. They are consistently cheaper then UPS and include many of the services you have to pay extra for from USPS.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I'm just an individual. Don't have an account with FedEx or UPS. Don't, never have
sold except using Craigslist. Then the buyer is local, looks the thing over and
takes it with.
Have bought many, many things online. Avoid USPS because I like to know when the item(s)
will be here and like to track them. In about 10 years FedEx and UPS have batted 100%.
FedEx is far less limited in max weight and size.

I have fellow car friends in Europe. Sometimes I ship car stuff to them when the supplier
won't ship international. I use USPS air for international shipping. UPS or FedEx
is 2-4 times USPS air for international shipping.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I have been using FedEx for years now without a problem. UPS on the other hand has been a nightmare.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I've shipped thousands of boxes with FedEx over the last 2 years and have not had one claim. Just a few mis-deliveries that were eventually chased down. In fact I now self insure my deliveries since the risk is low. I know that their rates are much lower than UPS.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The last few deliveries I've had from FedEX were a little ragged. Two had to have an insurance claim filed (ebay items, so the shipper was paid, and I got reimbursed and I had to go shopping for another good deal....again.) It looked like FedEx just rolled it across the U.S., it was a Miller MIG, and by the time it arrived, it was completely broken, cover damaged, spool holder bent, etc. The other was a satellite receiver and it too was damaged, and it was packed in styrofoam (funny, I just realized that I've never spelled this word)!

UPS (pronounced OOPS) seems a little better, although I recently found out that the local strip mall stores add a gouge factor, that the REAL UPS store does not.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
fedex is by far my last choice.I recently received a Carburetor which got broken in transit due to them.I've had other problems with Fedex packages in the past.Everybody rags on usps parcel post,But I've got to tell you I've shipped and received many parts using this service and I have had no (knocking on wood) Problems.I can also say that alot of it has to do with the carrier.I can honestly say that the guy who delivers to my house for Fedex is borderline Psychotic. Sorry to say it,but Guy if you're reading this you need help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts