Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the vacuum advance module on my distributer. However, the local parts store can't seem to get me the right one. I'm wondering if you folks can help.

I have a 351C-2V with the stock distributer. The dizzy had single points until I replaced them with Pertronix. The distributer has a single vacuum hose off of the front, and the module itself is not very big. The most recent one I got from the parts store is much larger and has a hose attachment on the front and on the top. Can anyone tell me what I need to specify when I go back to the parts store so I can get the right one this time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I had to replace my dist. with a rebuilt one from autozone. My car has the dual diaphragm distributor(2 vac. hoses). I got another dual diaphragm, and now I wish I had gotten one with a single diaphragm dist. Since I don't have the emissions stuff hooked up I think that it doesn't work as well as one with a single diaphragm. The dual one has one line for advancing the timing, and the other line to retard the timing. I have the advance hooked to the intake, and the retard to the carb...and I don't know if this works so great. See what others suggest, but I think I want to convert to a duraspark electronic ign. and get rid of this dist. and points...I don't know if this helped any but ....good luck,Todd.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I assume (don't go there) that since my existing vacuum advance has a single vacuum connection on the front I have a single-diaphragm distributor? Logically, then, the one that I got from the parts store is a dual-diaphragm vacuum advance since it has two vacuum connections (front and top)? ::

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've read that 460's use the same distributor. Might be worth looking into.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts