Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Here's an example pic below...

Your Buck Tag Decoded is:

First Line

C/O = Customer Ordered from Ford Dealer , 797 = Metuchen, NJ Plant Rotation Number

Second Line

12 = Welding Bay Number , M16 = Build Date is December 16th, 1965. , 6T07T172474 = VIN Number

Third Line

65A = Standard Mustang Coupe with a Standard Interior , M = Wimbledon White Exterior Paint , D9 = Parchment Colored Interior with Palomino colored Trim.

Your car was just a "Standard Car" with NO EXTRA Options. Basically, Just a "Plain Jane" 1966 Hardtop Coupe.

:eek:)

Tony K.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Everything makes sense now. The original color has been changed, but it matches the interior and looks good. If I can figure out how to post a picture I will post one

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
"Just out of curiosity which tag has the correct build date on it ? door tag or buck tag,thanks,Pete"

The date on the Buck Tag is a "Bucking Build Date-The date the car was bucked", usually within a week of the build completion, and the date on the Warranty Tag is a "Scheduled Build Date"....which can be as much as Two weeks off.....but on average it's usually within a day or two of the actual build completion. The scheduled build day date on the Warranty tag is usually correct though, unless there was something found wrong with the car during assembly.

'67 and Later owners have the luxury of getting a Marti Report and having the most accurate guide as to the actual day that their car left the factory.

'64.5 to '66 Owners don't have that luxury....so it's all really only a good "Guesstimate".....for them..

Tony K.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Nice car...!

I fixed your pics for you.. I got tired of twisting my neck and head... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
What color is the car now??? It looks like '65 Honey Gold...

Far off from its original Wimbledon White...but Nice choice!

Tony K.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don’t know what color it is. I like it and thank you for fixing my pictures. If it was an artillery computer I can do anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts