Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood doesnt sit quite right. The passengers front corner is up about 1/2 inch.
It seems the fender on the drivers side has some filler in the top front corner. It lines
up ok on that side.
Could someone tell me if the height from where the fender bolts on to the top of the fender is the same for both sides ?
Maybe check at the first bolt in from the front.
Thanks,
Tom Watson

67 6 cyl coupe

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
The fender height should be identical on both sides.
You may need to just adjust the hinge on the passenger side to be a big higher.
The hinge could be damaged as well.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!
66 200 3-spd Coupe - emberglo, daily driver
65 289 4-spd Conv - Rangoon Red (what else)
66 Shelby - Red and Ready to be Restored

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
could it be the hood bumper is higher on that side? just a thought.

66 Coupe, Sauterne Gold (aka goose sh** green) rust bucket
order parts...wait....parts arrive....wait....look at parts...wait....scratch crotch...wait....look at rust bucket...sigh...scratch again

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After you make sure those bolts are ok, check the hood latch. I had to take the hood latch off to replace the spring in it. and when I repled it. the hood is off slightly. :p

1968 Coupe, 6cyl Std, Bench Seat. Driven through 10 years of College.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like your car was hit in the right front at some point. You should be able to adjust the hinge for the hood to compensate for some of the misalignment (is that a word?). My 67 was hit in the front pretty hard during some previous ownership. I replaced the rear fender aprons on both sides because the locations of the holes that the hinges bolted to were affected. On one side 2 of the holes had the sheet metal buckled all around them. Check the rear fender apron on the passenger side for damage.

Woodman

67 coupe - 302 4V, C4, Versailles 9"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts