Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a source for parts for the Fiat Spyder.
Friend has one she is going to restore.
Thanx

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am forced to agree with SuperCJ. I have a '72 Fiat Spider that I have been messing with for about 12 years. If I had spent the money on a Mustang that I have spent on the Fiat I would have one hot Mustang now! Try pricing weather stripping or wheels for the Fiat! Not to mention the parts you can only find in a wrecking yard. I like my Fiat, but I would not do it again. If you want a nice convertible, get a '66 Mustang I6.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Uhhh, you guys are making me uneasy. I've been searching high and low for an 81-85 Fiat Spider (I personally think they're a great looking car, fun and a good value for the price). I had a Fiat 128 back in the late 70's and THAT was a car I would not buy again. Fiat used really bad Russiain steel (no offense) back then and their cars rusted out before your eyes.

Compaired to British sports cars, I think Fiats are cheaper to maintain. I haven't committed to buying the 81 limited edition I found, and you guys are giving me second thoughts. For the money my 66 coupe needs in rear frame rail repairs, I can just about pay outright for this rust free Spider. I really can't decide which way to go, I figured I could always find another stang, but every time I pass through the garage my heart flutters and I hear the stang beckoning me to take her for a ride.

Those links mentioned above are a good place to start. You can also find a wealth of information with any search engine; there's a lot of good Fiat sites.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I had an 850 Spyder that drove like a slot car. Lots of fun. Lots of maintenance.

We all know about FIAT: Fix It Again Tony!!

There's another one the Germans have for FIAT that translates to: Mistake In Every Part!!

Figures, the Germans' engineering being so good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ya know, an early 80's fiat will probably have more parts available than my '72.... I finally gave up on performance parts though. I thought about a factory turbo for a while, but a local mechanic that used to be the dealership mechanic convinced me not to mess with that. I had a very hard time passing up a Volumex supercharger on about 3 weeks ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts