Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for those who have a front fiberglass R valance on their mustang.
Are you required to run a front license plate in your state? if so were are you mounting your plate?
Here in Washington were required to have both front and rear plates. Before i buy one i was just wondering how people are getting around this.

·
Registered
436 Posts
This has come up before, I added mine AFTER moving out of Illinois (IL requires a front plate). If I had added it while in IL, I planned to offset the front plate away from the opening. I can tell you this about my experience in IL, there is NO OTHER LEGAL place to put the front plate other than below the front bumper. I myself got a ticket for having it in the front window and know of others (ticketed) who tried getting away with not having a front plate at all.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't know if its required in New York, (probably is). This question has been kicked around a few times and I think the general concensus is that there's no good way to mount it. You could always throw it on your dash.
I have never been bothered for it, the cops seem to cut you some slack unless your just totally breaking the speed limit in which case your license plate is the least of your worries.

Andy

·
Registered
810 Posts
New Jersey requires the front plate. I painted and installed my valance while I lived in Florida, which didn't require both tags. Right now the front tag is mounted underneath the passenger seat :p It's been like that for 7yrs now without issue but there are certain towns I avoid....

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Question for those who have a front fiberglass R valance on their mustang.
Are you required to run a front license plate in your state? if so were are you mounting your plate?
Here in Washington were required to have both front and rear plates. Before i buy one i was just wondering how people are getting around this.
Not totally true . Get a collector license plate for your car over 25 years old . They give you one plate and you only pay once for the vehicle registration . It is what I did on my '66 .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts