Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really plan on wanting to get a shelby hood for my car, but i want to get one with a steel frame, for strength, of course. Problem is, I could only find one person in my stack of catalogs and my favorites list who had a 65-66 shelby hood w/ steel frame. And it was somewhere in the area of 700 dollars. Now, i don't want to spend quite that much on a hood. So, my questions are, do you know of a place that has cheaper fiberglass hoods with a steel frame? And, if not, is the bond-on or bolt-on shelby scoop good? I would think a bond-on type would rip off at high speed, but I'm willing to buy an extra hood to cut holes in to bolt through.
OK, that was a bit random and jumpy. Sorry. And TIA.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Did you try branda?
Just a thought

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I've got a steel framed hood that a customer of mine traded in on one of "our" Shelby hoods that I could let you have for a fair price.

I wouldn't feel right though if I didn't tell you, that the steel frame doesn't always make it a better hood. I had always thought that it did, but after one of our customers brought his hood into the shop after spending a lot of time on it, he bought one of our all fiberglass hoods with steel reinforcements and had it prepped and ready for paint in a day. I compared the two hoods, thinking I would use the steel framed one on my 66, but decided to stick with one of ours.

With that said, if you want a steel framed one, email me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts