Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a fiberglass NASA hood last week and I discovered that I don't really have a clue how to put it SAFELY on my car. There is no way to put this hood on like the original because it was not made with a place to put in bolt holes. Got any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
4 hood pins...... thats what I run now, since my hood flew off. I have pins in all 4 corners..... and I lift the hood off whenever I need to work on the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figure out where on the body you want to put the pins first. The front ones should go in the radiator support. The rear ones, I go no clue.

I think that on cars where pins were OEM, there is a special bracket attached to the radiator support. You might want to look into that. On the rear, maybe remove the hinges and fabricate a bracket that bolts in to the hinge holes.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I'd suggest you contact the manufacturer and ask them. Some hoods are designed for use hood pins on all corners. Others use the rear hinges (with springs removed) and pins up front with a prop rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts