Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to find out who makes the highest quality fiberglass parts. I understand that they NEVER fit perfectly, but I would like to start with a decent foundation, rather than a piece of junk (such as MAS parts). What I am after are fenders, hood, and trunk lid for a 69 fastback. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
340 Posts
I purchased both a new fiberglass front valence and shelby style hood for my 67 coupe from Mustangs Plus in California. I have been happy with both of these buys. Hope this helps. Kalin

·
Registered
576 Posts
Bought a hood from mustangs plus. It looks cool as hell, but it doesn't fit 100% correct. I think they are your best bet though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
just painted a hood from "cobra designs" absolute pc. of crp. i have a couple pcs from branda "cobra fiberglass" has a nice gel coat but the fit isn't perfect,about what i expected,their a little pricey but about as good as any. next parts i'm going to try maier and see how that goes.

G

·
0 Posts
I purchased a Maier cowl hood for my car years ago, and it fits perfectly, I also have the shelby Decklid, it is nice as well, but am not very happy with the End caps. I have also heard that Maier supplies Mustangs Plus........I purchased upper and Lower Scoops from Branda, nice quality and Gelcoat, Terrible fit, really bad, not sure who there supplier is, and I have a tailight panel from Mustangs Unlimted, it's not bad, Glass Fenders I bought used and have no Idea who they are made by. If you get Glass Fenders with no inner support, like mine did, I cut out a solid inner support from a fender and glassed in in real nice and it conforms to the original lines nicely, now all I need is a good Pass. door. My brother has a hood from Mustangs Unlimited and it is terrible........Maier to me is the place to go......Good Luck and save money for Fiberglass cloth, Resin, Filler, and Sanding Utensils.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts