Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a good set of Pontiac Fiero seats while junkyarding that I think will work pretty well in my car. Has anyone tried them? I like the fact that there isn't much distance between the floor and the seat so I am thinking it will sit a bit lower in my car, giving me more headroom. I just hope they aren't too low. Anyway the guy only wants $35 for the pair.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I hope your getting the headrest speaker ones. I don't know about putting them in a mustang but i drove a fiero for a number of years. The were comfortable for me. They will also let you almost fully recline the seats. Let us know how they fit.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take pics and post them when I get them in. I won't be installing them for a couple of months...not until I get around to redoing the interior.

G

·
0 Posts
Check them out. If they are much taller than around 6 inches up front, your legs will hit the bottom of the steering wheel. You can probably get away with 7/8 inches if you are not a big fella. Seat tracks on an early mustang are about 11 1/8 from front to back, and about 14 1/8 left to right. THis is where your bolts go through the pan. See if your Fiero will line up. If not, you'll have to do abunch of modifications, but it can probably still be done. Be sure you test fit and figure it out to the letter before you redo the seats. I just had a set of 98 mustang seats redone to match my 67 vert interior and it cost $400. But these I'm pos will work. good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts