Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is a pic of the mod I got from Doug (Stangs-r-me) here at VMF.
Here's his email - [email protected]
If you shoot him an email he'll send you the details. Works great and completely solved my "gas puking" issue.
I just got 3 emails today from this thread, figured it could not be a coincidence so I searched and found it !!

Thanks Ted & Martyn for mentioning me … I am still doing them, and glad to hear yours is working well.

The link in post # 22 brings you to my sales thread on 69stang.com which has all the details. You need to be a member over there to download the pdf's, so if not a member just send me an email (link above) and I'll send you the pdf files.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
This is normal.
It is if my kids aren't around making racket, haha !
Yeah, I've had a few of these old cars and the sights, the sounds, the smells, and the little quirks are what make them cool in a world where automakers have done nearly everything to isolate the driver from the road and the driving experience. I'm not enthused about new cars...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
This is normal.
It is if my kids aren't around making racket, haha !
Yeah, I've had a few of these old cars and the sights, the sounds, the smells, and the little quirks are what make them cool in a world where automakers have done nearly everything to isolate the driver from the road and the driving experience. I'm not enthused about new cars...

·
Registered
33,881 Posts
I did have that problem with another vehicle I work on, couldn't even fuel it properly. If I pulled the gas handle above minimum flow (forget using the notch) fuel would puke out all over. Problem was, air was trying to get out the same tube fuel was coming in.

I added a 1/2" ID vent hose from the tank to the filler tube, now I can blast fuel in with complete safety.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just got 3 emails today from this thread, figured it could not be a coincidence so I searched and found it !!

Thanks Ted & Martyn for mentioning me … I am still doing them, and glad to hear yours is working well.

The link in post # 22 brings you to my sales thread on 69stang.com which has all the details. You need to be a member over there to download the pdf's, so if not a member just send me an email (link above) and I'll send you the pdf files.

Thanks,

Doug
Email sent. Looking for one for a 66 Mustang.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, it looks like I got 12 requests for information and 5 ended up being sales from this thread ... does not appear that the OP was one that purchased though.

Thanks to those who purchased (ctturboaddict only one I recognize that posted in this thread), and again thanks to Ted & Martyn for posting the links to contact me.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Well, it looks like I got 12 requests for information and 5 ended up being sales from this thread ... does not appear that the OP was one that purchased though.

Thanks to those who purchased (ctturboaddict only one I recognize that posted in this thread), and again thanks to Ted & Martyn for posting the links to contact me.

Doug
email sent.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Doug
Anytime Doug...love to share great products. I had a lot of people ask for your info off of Instagram too and I gave them your email as well. That could be where some of the purchasers came from.

·
Registered
376 Posts
This helps me in filling these old tanks, I installed a clear filler hose between a modified entry point and the tank. When I fill the tank, I open the tank and watch the fuel entry. As others have stated, fill slow and allow for the fuel to replace the air.
Just out of curiosity where did you find that clear filler hose?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

Doug
Glad to help Doug, it's a great mod and more than happy to recommend a quality product/kit like you've put together.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Thanks,

Doug
Doug,
Email sent. Thank you for all you've done

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
where do you get fuel safe clear hose?
Sorry bud, I missed your question. I purchased it from a a company called "Filler Neck Supply" . Twas $13/ft. +shipping. BTW. need 2 1/4". It's heavy duty too.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I added a 3/8" stainless tube to the top inside of the filler neck to vent the air. Haven't tried it yet but it worked in another application. If it doesn't work in the Mustang, it will be easy to remove

21 - 40 of 44 Posts