Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Six more info requests since my last post on 10/29. Two more neck assemblies sold and one waiting to ship ... thanks again everyone !!

Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
Six more info requests since my last post on 10/29. Two more neck assemblies sold and one waiting to ship ... thanks again everyone !!

Doug
I bought one of these from Doug. He is super fast at communications, super fast shipping, and his workmanship is top notch. Now, I have to quit procrastinating and get the new neck installed on the car!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Mine came today, looks like a factory setup! Doug did an awesome job. Thanks Doug!

This neck should solve two of my issues: the gas spilling, and the crooked twist on cap!

I have a full CJPP gas tank kit sitting in the basement, I bought on sale a few years ago, maybe this new fuel neck will motive me to install it all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can at least do a gas cap "test" with the new neck before install. The Scott-Drake neck should clock the gas cap perfectly.

Doug

·
Registered
834 Posts
67 mustang that I bought 3 years ago and upon purchasing the car I filled the gas tank up at a gas station. Here the last several months when I go to fill it up it only takes a few gallons and then pukes out the gas. Had to push the car into the garage the other day due to a battery problem and while pushing the car from the back as we pushed it over a small bump I could hear gas sloshing around which to me indicates I am low on fuel. I have a 5 gallon gas can at the garage so I started putting gas into the car and after about a gallon it puked gas out. Btw the gas gauge does not work. What is causing this??

thanks
Sounds to me like it is already full ! You need to run it to empty AND/ OR drain all the fuel out and fix your sending unit !
Then you can follow the rest of this sidetracked post to get you a solution for the splash back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thread has been inactive for almost 6 weeks, so figured I'D bring it TTT.

Thanks to everyone that has purchased a neck from me since this thread began.

I've got all variations in stock ... see contact info in post #'s 22 & 23.

Happy Holidays,

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, I know this post is a few months old and wanted to bring this back to the top. I never post on anything and I wanted to let everyone know what a great product this fuel filler neck is. Every time I filled up I would spill gas on my newish paint. Now I put the nozzle in, set to auto, sit back and click it's full and no spills!

Thanks, Doug!

Attachments

41 - 51 of 51 Posts