Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what I have is a make-shift paint booth in my shop. I have an area that holds three filters, I think they are 16X24 and two fans at the end of the paint area pulling the fumes out with the same type of filters.

My question is what quality of filters would you use for the three supply (air inlet) filters? I got more dust in my last paint job than I would have hoped to get. It turned out nice, but I didn't' like the dust.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
How about Quilting batting followed by furnace filters? Either that or go to a auto body supply store and buy some filter material. Be sure to wet down the area outside your booth as well as inside to hold down dirt.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wal- Mart --- plain old air conditioner filters will work fine for what you have. Don't forget to wet the floor down. That will make a big difference too.

Doug

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I never thought about wetting the area outside of the paint booth by the inlet filters. I have always put water on the floor.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
I've read of people doubling and tripling up the furnace filters (3 filters thick) with a fan on the other side. This makes sure the filter gets most of the paint before it hits the fan. Without enough filters, you end up with a pretty colored fan and paint mist outside of the makeshift paint booth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts