Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone's favorite site, evilbay:

Here is the description:
THIS IS IT!!! THOMAS KNIGHT TURBOS HAS FINALLY RELEASED THEIR PATENT PENDING REAL ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER. NOT ONE OF THE PATHETIC 1 PSI UNITS THAT ARE ALL OVER [censored], THIS UNIT CAN MAKE UP TO 12 PSI. IT DRAWS 15,500 WATTS (1250 AMPS-18 HP). USING THREE POWERFUL 6 HP MOTORS TO DRIVE THE EFFICIENT SUPERCHARGER THIS UNIT WILL FIT ENGINES UP TO 3.5 LITER. THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW OFFERED FOR SALE ON [censored]. IT IS A PRODUCTION UNIT WITH CNC MACHINED ALUMINUM BILLET 6016 T6 PLATES, AND ALL PIECES ARE MADE HERE IN THE USA. THIS UNIT RETAILS FOR $2795. I WILL BE OFFERING SEVERAL OF THESE AS PROMOTIONAL SALES LOSS LEADERS TO A LUCKY FEW WHO WIN THE AUCTIONS. YOUI WILL NOT GET THEM FOR LESS THAN $2795 OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS [censored] AUCTION. I SIMPLY ASK FOR PICS OF THE UNIT INSTALLED IN YOUR CAR AND COPIES OF ANY DYNO RUNS YOU MAY GET. ADD 75-100 HP TO YOUR CAR WITH INSTANT BOOST. SIMPLE INSTALLATION. CAN FIT ANY CAR. SIMILAR TO NITROUS--BUT CHARGE IT AT HOME FOR PENNIES A CHARGE. PATENT PENDING DESIGN OFFERS FULL BOOST IN LESS THAN 1/2 SECOND. FLOWS UP TO 405 CFM @ 5.5 PSI EXAMPLE--A 96 DODGE AVENGER 2.5 V6 AUTO TRANS MADE 119 WHEEL HP COMPLETELY STOCK. ADDING THE TKTURBO ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER, AIR FILTER, AND EXHAUST, RAISED OUTPUT TO 220 WHEEL HP. FOR THE ELECTRIC SUPERCHARGER YOU WILL ALSO NEED THESE ACCESSORIES, AND THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS AUCTION. 1--THREE CAR BATTERIES 2--THREE STARTER RELAYS 3--BATTERY CABLES (1/0 OR 2/0) 4--BOOST GAUGE 5--FMU (FUEL CONTROLLER 8:1--12:1 VORTECH, ETC ) 6--MICROSWITCH--MOUNTS ON THE THROTTLE BODY 7--DEFEAT-ACTIVATION SWITCH & RELAY SUGGESTED ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES SHOULD INCLUDE AN AIR-FUEL METER, BLOW-OFF BY-PASS VALVE.I USE AND RECOMMEND THE NEW ODDYSEY 680 BATTERIES. THEY ARE ONLY 15 LB EA AND 680 AMPS. http://www.odysseybatteries.com/auto.htm IT IS DESIGNED AS A 15 SECOND BURST SUPERCHARGER---NOT FOR CONTINUOUS USE. PLEASE DONT BID ON MY AUCTION UNLESS YOU WILL PAY FOR IT. PAYPAL IS THE ONLY PAYMENT I WILL ACCEPT FOR THIS AUCTION. YOU MUST SEND PAYMENT WITHIN 5 DAYS AFTER AUCTIONS END OR I WILL RELIST THIS SC SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN GET ONE FOR HALF OF WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WILL. SHIPPING IS $50 TO THE 48 STATES.

Sounds great...for 15 seconds...too bad it will take so long for the batteries to charge back up...

Oh...and don't forget to turn it off or you'll drain your batteries.

Slade

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
It looks like a deformed starter on steroids. Could the gains really be worth all the hassle? I mean, you've got less drag on the motor since it's not belt driven, so it takes no HP to drive it....but the trade off is you need to add extra batteries (extra weight) to make it work. Plus it adds the weight of at least 3 starters to boot. Lame.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's just funny what people will come up with...

Slade

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Kinda reminds me of a neighbor (a machinist) in the `60s that took a Paxton blower and mated up an A/C clutch to it .
Mounted it on a Chevy 6 cyl. Switch on throttle activated clutch at full throttle .Took a vacuum advance/pressure retard unit from a turbo Corvair distributer to retard timing under boost . That was one very quick 6 cyl car.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Where are you suppose to mount these 3 6hp motors?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
anyone tried just a gas powered leaf blower with the throttle rigged inside and blowing into the carb!!!seriously would that work????

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Someone posted a picture here a couple of years ago with someone who had put in a Toro electric leaf blower ::

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
anyone tried just a gas powered leaf blower with the throttle rigged inside and blowing into the carb!!!seriously would that work????
haha sounds like i found my winter project

1 - 8 of 8 Posts