Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still have a little vacation time left, so I undercoated the inner side of the front fenders with spray on bedliner. Hope it works. Did that job before leaving for the Corn Feed. Put them back on temporarily after removing the doors again. Gutted out the innards on both doors and prayed I will remember how to re-install everything again.... The mustang restoration guide isn't quite as precise as I'd hoped and of course, I never document anything. The driver side wing window frame is shot so I'll have to get another one. Now I'll clean the shells up then jamb paint them. Clean up the innards and re-install the regulators and the glass. I didn't realize restoring doors is more difficult than rebuilding engines. Once the doors are back together, the car will be done, hehe....... or at least a lot further along.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Feels good doesnt it? I am not doing a whole lot on my car, but I do have the door apart trying to diagnose a rattle. I found a broken rail. I need to drag my ass to the shop for a little tack welding, but I am still worn out from the driving to and from CF2!!

·
6,855 Posts
Cool. That bed liner is tough stuff. I've been having all of our pickups at work done with it for the last several years.

By the way, when you say " (I) prayed I will remember how to re-install everything again" was that just an expression or did you really pray. The reason I ask is, because I pray a lot when I'm working on my car. It seems to help. I just thought I'd throw that out there as a tip for anyone that might need it.

Phil

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Im with ya. I tried for 2 hours straight to reinstall a trans in a 88 Mustang from the underside. Lots of cussing didnt work. I dropped everything and went in the house to cool off (and I dont mean physically). When I calmed down I said a handful of prayers, went back to it, and the sucker went right in place in 5 min!!! I thought that was pretty cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts