Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I lived through Charley and his 100+ mph winds. I was without power for only 2 days (I'm one of the lucky ones) but my phone is still out and my cable service just got restored tonight - thank God for cable modems! The bad news is my roof sustained serious wind damage which in turn caused alot of water leaks, especially in the garage. My garage ceiling collapsed making a huge mess of everything I had in there. The good news is I had so many parts in there that I had my '73 parked in the driveway, which survived with only a few scratches in the paint from flying debris (ironic isn't it?). Oh yeah, me and my family are fine too ::

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loses. We just had 75 mph winds here in Marshalltown, I.A. just 2 weeks ago. We only had to go 2 days without power.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Good to hear , I was in Titusville for the entire thing and it was pretty bad there . Went back to my house in Cocoa around Midnight on Friday (storm just leaving) and driving through Titusville was like being in a warzone . Crap spewed everywhere and it got somewhere around 80MPH gusts . Not a whiff type gust but 1-2 minute long gusts .
Orlando got hit pretty hard from what Ive been seeing .
Cocoa got a slight slap to the hand . Funny hurricanes ........

·
Registered
680 Posts
I return from Arcadia Monday night. My Aund and Grandmother live between Arcadia and Punta Gorda and we lost contact Friday afternoon. We managed to get to them and get them set up for the a long wait for power. I also took my grandmother to find all her friends..this adventure took us to the outskirts of Punta Gorda..all I can say is HOLLY COW!!! Everyone was ok, but man you wouldn't believe the destruction. No pictures on the news have even come close to illustrating what this storm really did..at least non that I have seen yet.
After we found all her friends my grandmother began to tell about Donna (1960) which she lived through and the "1926 storm" which blew awat the tents they were living in and their unfinished house. She said she lived in a chicken coup for three month until a new house was built.
Odly enough, her 130 former house not more than 1/4 mile from a totally destroyed trailer park, was un-touched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts