Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the engine that is, when I was driving at speed it would overheat, but if driving around town was fine seems that there was quite a build up of rust and muck in the block that has been breaking away and filling my new rad. I took the rad. out and flushed it out of the car (got about 1/4 lb. of crap) and when I put it back in it solved the problem. this was the very last thing to do as I replaced the rad. 1 year ago and since have replaced the hoses, thermostadt, cap,water pump, and heatercore. all for nothing!!! this time I flushed the engine really good and the rad. out of the car. but still cant find a listing in any of the catalogs for a gano filter anyone know where to get it and how much? Thanks, John

G

·
i see you have been busy,maybe you could save the stuff from your flush and sell it on xbay as vintage 68 crap! paul in brig

G

·
i see you have been busy,maybe you could save the stuff from your flush and sell it on xbay as vintage 68 crap! paul in brig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts