Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to say thanks to everyone that helped me out i picked up a 65 coupe...

first, thing on the list is double checking all of the safety requirements so I could enjoy crusing with no worries...

I have gotten a chace to look into yet but, the driver seat bracket is broken or something, because it leans toward the passenger side. Where can I find a replacement seat bracket or something.. Please advise

thanks

-w

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi, congratulations on the new/old car! I would try National Parts depot NPD. Dawn

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
So...any more information about the car?

Welcome.

Slade

·
Registered
884 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club !

I remember when dad and I bought the Mustang....that was big stuff. (It was also 25 Years ago-gulp) ::

Remove the seat and perform a visual inspection. One of my pieces was snaped so I just cleaned the frame rails up and had a friend weld the spot. Simple and inexpensive.

If that doesn't work and the piece needs to be replaced then any parts supplier should work. National Parts Depot is certailny the big one.

Good luck, Greg.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Congratulations!

The first thing you need to do is determine what's wrong with your seat. If you crawl under the car, there will be 4 holes under the seat, which may, or may not have rubber plugs in them. Up inside each of the holes is a bolt with a nut on the end. You will probably need a deep socket and a small extension to get the nuts off. You can then just lift the seat straight up and out of the car so you can see what's wrong with it. Good chance that whatever you need can be obtained at a junkyard. Some of the new parts for seats are very expensive. Covers are cheap, but the springs and frame assemblies are not.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dawnann: nice 66 you have there, that is the same color code "Y" that on my mustang but, the interior I have is standard blue... at least I know what my car will look like if decide to stay with this color. thanks

-w

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the warm welcome to the club ! when i get home i'll get underneath and find out. I will take a couple of pics and provide more information on it... i think i'm coming down with a cold (cough cough wink wink) i might have to stay home tomorrow... LOL stay in the garage with the stang and a laptop!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Congrats on the new addition.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thanks, I really like the silver blue ;)Take care of that cold, it could run the rest of the week :: Welcome to the VMF...Dawn

·
Registered
858 Posts
congrats dude...im about to get on my 3rd stang within the last i dunno...9 months? lol im SERIOUSLY picky...my 1st 1 became too much of a basket case for me to work on...then this 1 im not liking that much somewhat...now i need to get back to old muscle.....i honestly cant find a car i seriously like and would drive as a daily driver...aside from a 67 gt 350/500 clone :( sure i like different cars and would like to have them...but i cant find anyting i can actually stick with :(
oh yea...funny thing is...im PICKIER w\cars than i am w\women!!! i dont get it! lol :: :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts