Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Finally did it.

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Grabber70Mach 
#1 ·
Sorry gang, I joined up a few years back to ask some pointed questions about a project I was working on at the time and then I fell off the radar without taking the time to introduce myself. So, here I am asking for forgiveness for my past indiscretions. LOL

I live in SE Ga. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade. I enjoy hunting, being outdoors, turning wrenches on my many projects, and getting my hands dirty. Two years ago I bought a 67 Mustang coupe. It's the base model with the 200 in line 6 cylinder. Prior to me buying the car, it had been in the same family since being purchased new and has 26K original miles on the car. After buying the car, I hid it at a buddies shop and worked on it for about 6 months to bring it up to it's current condition. When happy with it, I gave it to my wife for her 40th birthday gift. A 67 Mustang was her dream car and she never expected to own one, but she is an amazing woman and I wanted to try and make her dreams come true. So, I finished the car and drove it to a local cruise in at Cracker Barrel and hung a Happy Birthday banner across the back seat. I had her meet me there for dinner (on my way home from work so she didn't expect anything) and to look at the cars. As we walked over to the group of cars at the cruise in, she immediately saw it and made a bee line for the car (you can't imagine my relief because she had no idea I had the car and had never seen it). Basically, the rest is history and she LOVES "her baby". I continue to make little improvements to it here and there to make it more reliable for her and more enjoyable to drive. Currently I'm toying with the idea of doing an EFI upgrade. We will see how that goes.

Glad to be part of the group and look forward to more interactions with you all.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Classic car

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.