Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals!
Finally finished the vinyl top installation-new windshield (F&R) gaskets and trim. Dashboard and rear package tray-repaint rear qtr trim interior pieces! It finally felt soooooo good to get it done! Just seemed to drag on so long!

A lot of the repop pieces didnt work so well. The moldings for the windshields were a bear. The rear window lower corners didnt seat down. The front window lower molding had the wrong angle-it would go underneat the clip but it wouldnt seat against the weather strip. The dashboard was an "made from original Ford tooling" the holes for the front screws underneath the weatherstrip didnt line up worth a dang!

Other than that-I would recommend having an upholstery shop do the top- local price to have it done-$350. Start to finish! Thanks for all your help on here! Now I am off to tackle all the rust on doors, qtrs, and fenders! http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/files/attachments/1198129884-1.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Sweet - nice job!
(But then, I'm a sucker for '66 coupes with vinyl tops! ;) )

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I don't think the front lower moulding is supposed to sit flush with the weatherstrip. There should be about a 1/8 to 1/4" gap. It's that way on my '67 and I think the earlier ones are the same.

Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts