Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the rack full of new rear valances at my friends shop yesterday, and pulled a 67 GT one out and compared it to the mental notes I had taken on the one at NPD when I was there in April.

The one my friend had, was through Scott Drake, and the one through NPD was through? The Scott Drake valance was so much better! The dye cuts around the edge were more equal and it looked so much better. The one through NPD had some flaws around the edges of where they were cut and was pretty noticable (at least by me), and was not equal from one side to the next, especially around the exhaust cut outs. This worried me about everything else, and if it would line up, especially if they were cut wrong, such as the back up light holes, or mounting holes.

I still don't know who supplies NPD, and if someone tells me Scott Drake, all I can say is they must of got a very bad shippment in when I was there. I have nothing against NPD, but as everyone here, I am looking for the best bang for the buck! and think I found it finally.

G

·
0 Posts
I hope its better than my NPD one. It looks just fine. When installed on the car its about 1/2 inch to narrow.

I'm just going to use it as a template for the exhaust holes and modify my original one. At least the OE one fits (and its fairly straight).

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know about their exterior sheet metal, but the floor pans seat pans, inner fender apron, and cowl patch panels That we ordered were American Designer Inc. made in Canada.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts