Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally talked my fiberglass guy into building me a deck lid and a set of end caps! :: He will begin work on them in about 2 weeks and hopefully have a mold ready within 4 to 6 weeks of that! I called a few other companies that makes these, thinking I just might go this route, since it would be quicker but red flags kept popping up each time I talked to a sales rep. Instead of starting off with "Our fiberglass prodects are top of the line", I kept getting "You still have to do quite a bit of prep work prior to paint" or "These aren't perfect, but where else are you going to go!", etc. , etc.

I figure I would rather spend a little more for a quality piece of fiberglass and have less prep work, than have to work on it for 40 hours before it can be painted.

Anyway, my fiberglass guy is a genius when it comes to fiberglass, so I know this will be top notch when I get it. I'll make sure to post a few pics when it's done and mounted.

He will be starting on my R model valance after that. ::

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
doug, good news! remember i came in and wanted those pieces and you said they weren't started cause I am planning my bodywork now and ALMOST went with the other guys. but now all of the sudden that you need them for your car they get the green light, that works for me! any details on the R apron? Will it use the bumper or no? Will it have brake duct holes or no? Will it have the 'spoiler' molded in or no? Now all you need is a 3" cowl hood or similar hood and I could get all my stuff from you.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The R apron will be just the basic apron that will use a bumper, no spoiler, etc.

I did mention I would be doing them when you came in, but didn't have a date of when. They will still be a couple of months out, but at least they look like they will be available before the end of the year.

My guy is finishing up on the 68 Shelby hood mold, and a complete and functional Shaker including the flapper, etc. Thought I would give the Aussie's a run for their money. ::

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
hood mold? shaker? oooooo!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts