Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After blowing my head gasket last Fri. night and closing the track down for 30 mins. while they mopped up my anti-freeze I had a much better time last night. We spent the weekend replacing the head gaskets and putting on Ford Motorsports roller rockers and re-jetting the carb. Last night I had the best runs I've had since putting on the Aluminum heads. I ran a best of [email protected] mph with street tires. I spanked a brand new Z06 Vette on my first run (better reaction time, close race) and flogged an '02 Z28 which could turn a 13.1 but the driver kept sleeping at the light. It was nice to race and not break anything for once. I'm highly impressed with the Edelbrock RPM sytsem on this 351W, I think I'm finally making the 400 hp that they said I would make.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Nice spanking that GM stuff isn't it.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Just imagine shedding 600 lbs and putting all that HP to the track...

Mid-low elevens with your engine...

Then chasing those GM vehicles becomes sport...*G* Ask me how I know...

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Sweet! One question, what are you running for a tranny and gears? I've been running mine in the eighth mile: 351W, C6, 3.50 gears, and I've managed to run 8.1's, but I'm looking to change the gear to a 3.70.

Just curious. Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
After reading your times, I'm embarrassed to post my times. This past Wednesday was my first time ever I tried running down the 1/4 mile at the local track. They held a test and tune night and took the opportunity to see what the car would do. On my first run, the car stumbled at the start and I ran a 16.690. My reaction time was 1.298... As posted later in these threads, I too must have been sleeping at the light. LOL!! On my second run I was bent on not stalling or making the car stumble at the start so I revved the engine and popped the clutch. All that bought me was a layer of peeled rubber along my rear quarter panel. I spun the tires half way down the track through 3rd gear (ran 18.2). My speedo said I was going 75+ but barely moving. I only ran the car 4 times. Figured that was all of the punishment my car could take for one night. Best time was 16.4 with a pitiful reaction time of 1.4... I kept waiting for the green light as opposed to trying to anticipate it as others were doing. My car is a 65 fastback with a 289, 4-speed toploader, and 3.25 gears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts