Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finally picked up my 69 fastback this morning. I posted a couple times here the last few days about the steering wandering and the brakes. Drive it home about 45 minutes. Steering box will definitely go to Chock when weather turns cold but the brakes are actually better then I originally thought when I test drove it. I can’t believe 30 years after my dad sold the 69 I was supposed to get that I finally have one. Couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Very nice! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
1,184 Posts
Would love to own one of those as well. Congrats.

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,359 Posts
Congrats!! Looks great!! Love magnums on 69-70

Chris

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I think I got a pretty nice car. I had planned for years to restore one myself but circumstances lead me to buy this one. Less than 1,000 miles on the restoration. Entire brake system(power disk front, drum rear), factory air, suspension, interior are all new. 351 Windsor bored .030 over with a mild cam. Sounds perfect. Rebuilt C4. Quarters, fenders, hood, floors and roof( some idiot had cut a sun roof in it), are all new. Chrome is all re- plated. There are little nit picky things that could make it show winner but that’s not what I scare about. This car will get driven regularly and be passed down to my boys.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Nice.
Best part is the bull work is done and you can just enjoy it.

Reactions: Israel

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Looks real nice! Now the fun begins! Have fun and welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
463 Posts
Congrats, beautiful Pony

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Drive it like you stole it! Congrats. and enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very nice car! I like that paint color and the matte black hood. I've found that a less than perfect car with a little dirt on it gets a lot more use (and enjoyment) than a pristine example.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sweet ride, congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Such a sexy year for Mustangs. Congratulations.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts