Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out and bought a digital camera today. Nothing special, it cost $50 at Fred Meyer's. The box just says "Bell and Howell Digital Camera". But at least now I can take my own pictures of my car (and our '65). You can see them here. Both my dad's '65 and my '70 are there.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Good job with the pics Brad! And a $50 digital camera no less. Looks like you and your Dad are set for car project activity for a while! :: Good luck!!

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Very interesting pictures. Got a 70 hoodscoop on a 65 (grin). Unusual and good looking color on the 65, particularly the contrast hood stripes. As for the 70, there are a couple of interesting touches. The block out on the taillight panel and trunk deck are similar to the Boss 302 and also the grabber. However, the hood stripe is not the same as the boss or grabber. The boss had the hockey stick striping and the grabber had side c stripes, like the 69 boss, without the boss 302 lettering. The hood stripe looks a little like a Mach, but there is no honeycomb molding on the taillight panel, so it's not a Mach. The interior has upholstery that I can't place. Seems like standard, but the picture of the rear suggests there might be some sort of color contrast in the upholstery. All in all, two very interesting cars to work with. Enjoy and good luck.

If you are interested in some photos of my 70 resto - various stages, detail shots of certain areas, plus written description, Classic Mustang Parts of Virginia has my 70 in their car of the month gallery. The car is listed out of Michigan, where I resided at the time. Green, with gold stripes. Click on the picture and links will provide 3 or 4 more photos with written narrative.

enjoy.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the hood scoop was there when my dad got it. I think it looks good, better than the Shelby style. That color is what I like to call brown. It's actually a really good color in real life. You can see some dark red in it, it's got a nice metallic touch. Looks good with the hood scoop and tan stripes.

I like the '70's stripe pattern. It's unique, I've only seen it exactly like this on my car. I know it isn't a Mach or Boss, we've had the car for several years (I couldn't tell if you were telling me that it wasn't one or not)

Our Ford report says the original interior is Black Vinyl Bucket Seats with some kind of inserts. I'll check and see what it is tomorrow, if you'd like me too. And maybe get some better pictures of it. No color contrast, but it is an interesting looking material.

K

·
0 Posts
Brad...be careful of Ken. He says he has a sportsroof but he really only carries pieces of it around (ask those that were at Knotts) and says its always 'in' paint. ;)

Uh-oh, Ken's gonna kill me next time he sees me. :: :D :D :D :D ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts