Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having wrung off a pressure plate bolt in the flywheel and fixing that, I got back on track today. I used my Chatham County Redneck engineering abilities and devised a wooden cradle type of device to hold/stabilize my toploader on top of my floorjack. This allowed me to jack it up without sliding all over the place. After alot of effort, I finally held my mouth just right and it slipped in. Working by yourself sux.... So my winter project of installing a Hurst comp shifter, Centerforce clutch/pressure plate, throwout bearing, roller pilot bushing, rear main seal, and oil pan, is almost over. I ran out of time today, but all I have left to do is fill the tranny with oil, reinstall the starter, and get it off of the jack stands. As usual, a two weekend project turns into four....... Now for some 3.55's..... ::

·
Registered
315 Posts
I feel your pain, try doing that with an AOD, twice! I had to slide the tranny under the car and then put it on the jack. I couldn't get the car high enough to slide the tranny in while it was on the jack. I had to do it twice, because the new converter wasn't any good. I put the stock converter back in. I've been putting off changing converters again for about a year and a half now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts