Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after trying several things and asking people, the swaybar fitment problem finally has been resolved. While at the Utah National, I noticed a 390 with the same size and type of swaybar but it had almost 2 inches of clearance to the oil filter. I've now been told that although I ordered a swaybar for a big block, I was sent one for a small block. So, I won't have to go to a remote oil filter, but I do need to swap out the swaybar. That's okay, at least it's one more problem solved. ::

·
Registered
409 Posts
Laurie:

Thanks for pioneering here. I was interested in the larger, lighter bar, but not w/ the hassle of interference w/ the filter. Hope it works out.

Jim

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I think it was Art, so I was suspicious that that was the problem. This was the first time that I was able to see the exact same thickness bar on the same year Mustang with a 390. I ordered the correct bar, but wasn't sent it apparently. I'll be making a phone call on Monday to get the problem fixed.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've been to your website--what a car! I guess this is why it's called Trouble, eh? LOL I trust it's been worth every hassle.

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, yes, this is one car that named itself very early on and it's been worth every hassle. ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts