Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my new Edelbrock intake and carb installed on my 70 Mach 1 - 351C. Boy does it ever run nice. Even for an auto it breaks the tires loose from a standing start. I've been working on this project I bought last fall and I'm finally down to a few small items remaining and I can start driving it on a regular basis. I live in Kansas, missed all the nice cool spring/semi-summer weather and now that it's going to be in the 100's I'm ready to go. Go figure. Murphys law has taken it's toll but I think I will win in the end. My only concerning problem left is the temperature problem. I think I have a bad gauge. I've installed a new radiator, 180 stat, hoses, sending unit, and fan shroud and will install a new mechanical gauge this week. If all goes well it'l be time to get serious. It sure does run nice though. It's black/black and NO a/c. That's my next winter project. Well everyone here have a great weekend.
Ken

·
Registered
910 Posts
It's always a good feeling when you get the combo right, and it runs good.
I found that my 351c 2v actually runs better with a single plane intake over the performer. But If it runs good, leave it alone. I think I have this sickness that I can't leave well enough alone. ::
Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts