Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Restoration is in the Final Stages and decided to open the wallet and Order a Rd Curtis flowtech Industion Ccustom Camshaft t , also ordered Hyd Lifters, Spring retainers and other parts. Having heard High praise on his Camshafts i figured i should upgrade and seems like a great guy to deal with granted all through emaill, Not sure what my Final HP with but i have a 1966 Fastback with a 1968 302 block. Edlebrock performer Rpm heads, Holler Double pumper, 4150 , Original gt350 intake, Paridise wheel paxton supercharger, flowmaster original 40,s . FPA tri-y Headers and now the flowtech Cam, engine was rebuilt to stock, with only 6 pounds of boost i see no issues. Im thinking it should be close to 400, i will post pics and when car gets tuned and dynoed

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
936 Posts
Should be good HP out of it. Any idea what your Compression is at, when you say rebuilt to stock?

·
Registered
20,920 Posts
I contacted him on FB about a cam. I asked him a couple general questions to get a better understanding. He was a real d*CK. I'll buy a off the shelf cam before I'll buy anything from him.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I contacted him on FB about a cam. I asked him a couple general questions to get a better understanding. He was a real d*CK. I'll buy a off the shelf cam before I'll buy anything from him.
:Yea, he can be pretty terse on a lot of the sites but customers really speak highly of the results with his cams. Another option for a custom is Mike Jones of Jones cams. He recently took over the site SpeedTalk and appears highly regarded. Also a bit less abrasive. He will also do custom flat tappet if someone doesn't want to do a roller.

·
Super Moderator
9,728 Posts
My Restoration is in the Final Stages and decided to open the wallet and Order a Rd Curtis flowtech Industion Ccustom Camshaft t , also ordered Hyd Lifters, Spring retainers and other parts. Having heard High praise on his Camshafts i figured i should upgrade and seems like a great guy to deal with granted all through emaill, Not sure what my Final HP with but i have a 1966 Fastback with a 1968 302 block. Edlebrock performer Rpm heads, Holler Double pumper, 4150 , Original gt350 intake, Paridise wheel paxton supercharger, flowmaster original 40,s . FPA tri-y Headers and now the flowtech Cam, engine was rebuilt to stock, with only 6 pounds of boost i see no issues. Im thinking it should be close to 400, i will post pics and when car gets tuned and dynoed
What did you discuss with him to pick the grind?

What were you looking for as far as results?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for the grind i wanted something very streetable as the car would be driven to car shows,(so basically not a race cam) a sunday drive and maybe a track day now and then, he hasnt given the grind specs yet , i just provided all the details regarding my setup, hopefully will get cam specs early next week

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I used him for the roller cam for our 347 build. Very good experience and if memory serves me, it shipped out within a week. Now that we have a T5Z in it, I should call him and order another since it was spec'd when the car still had an AOD. I wonder if it would be worth it for a Sunday cruiser??

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
CRX, tell us the specs when he lets you know. I'm interested to know what they will be. LSG

·
Registered
20,920 Posts
CRX, tell us the specs when he lets you know. I'm interested to know what they will be. LSG

LSG, I've seen the specs on a couple custom ground cams. What jumped out was the lift. They all were in the .570" range, duration @ .050" were around 220° and LSA at 110°. With that lift I think they're having the intake chase the piston and the exhaust leading the piston for valve clearances

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are the camshaft specs. Your comments are welcomed.

Custom Camshaft Spec Card

SB FORD – StreetBeast55-SC-HR10* +3*

Intake Exhaust

Valve Adjustment: .000” .000”
Lobe Lift: .365” .365”

Gross Valve Lift 1.60 Ratio: .584” .584”

Duration @ .050” Tappet Lift: 215* 227*

Lobe Separation: 110*

Recommended Intake Centerline: 107*

Specs at 107 Degree Intake Centerline:

Valve Timing at Open Close

.050” Tappet Lift: Intake: 0.5* BTDC 34.5* ABDC

Exhaust: 46.5* BBDC 0.5* ATDC

Degree this camshaft using the specifications provided on this sheet. The design of these lobes may not allow for accurate reading using the centerline method.

This camshaft is designed for street supercharged, carbureted applications

Other uses may not be optimized if this cam design is used

The power band is “roughly” between 2200 to 6000+ RPM with 302-311 CID

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Crx, when you have this in, tell us how you like it, and how it idles, and whats your vacuum at idle. LSG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts