Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was sitting at a local tire shop getting the dry rotted 185/75 R14s from Road King (who?) taken on KaStang and replacing them with goodyear 205/70 R14s, I got to see the Steve McQueen video by Sheryl Crow. It was inspiring, except for the darn bug that everyone mentioned. I went home on my new tires and tried to re-enact the scenes (well...wanted to test my new tires).

I must say, it was a cool video seeing mustangs tear arse around a city.

Also...my new tires have transformed my mustang into a car that can actually grip the road.

Slade

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
We saw her live last month when she was here in Dallas and she was GREAT! That whole album rocks too.

Funny, you would think this post would have been from guys with 67-68 fastbacks, but they all seem to be from us 65-66 'vert guys...

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
AAGGHH ! My office PC won't download the video....have to waint until SWMBO can look over my shoulder....

I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing it. Sheryl Crow is good, and her stock just went up 10x with me due to great subject matter ! Dickson

·
Registered
143 Posts
Cool video. I had heard the song but never seen the video before. I like Sheryl Crow anyway but now that she is singing about my favorite actor she just climbed up my list. I just wonder how many of the younger audience really knows who Steve McQueen is? Most car guys know him from Bullitt but I think that most of his movies are really pretty good. It seems that he is as popular as ever with all of the press from the 2001 Bullitt Mustang and this video. I guess thats why he is called the King of Cool.

·
Registered
340 Posts
<A HREF="http://www.ponysite.de/bullittcrow.htm">The Making of...</A>
At the end of this site there is a link to a better resolution online video.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it just me, or does the guy in the video look like Dale Earnhart Jr.?
It sucks, the computer at work doesn't have sound card for me to listen to it. but I saw it!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Id say the Bug is a reference/hommage to the Bullit movie as well. In the original movie theyve passed by the same bug (!!!), several times.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Thanks Troy,

Right back at you! I just checked out your car on your website. You should call it Beauty and the Beast. A beauty on the outside and that K-code beast under the hood!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts