Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after finding out that my timing gun was... well off, i finally borrowed a friends. Turns out that all my carb troubles were because my timing was about 8 degrees retarded. After advancing that baby up to about 12 advanced, it is a completely differnt car. The thing revves right up to to 5500 RPMs at the blink of an eye. The thing has sooo much power too... My first "joy ride" was not too long ago. I was out cruizing in the middle of nowhere, so i decided "why not, ill try it". Well, i downshifted into 1st gear at about 20 mph and slammed the gas. The car went rocketing forward, and sideways at the same time! I shifted into 2nd gear, and in about 3-4 seconds, i was doing 70 (speed limit was 65). My adreneline is still pumping! Im sooo happy with my new motor buildup. Im going to have to take it easy untill i get to the track ::. (While doing all of this i put nobody in danger) I am really impressed with my Edelbrock heads/intake, .528 lift solid flat tappet cam, with TFS 1.6 roller rockers and hooker headers. :D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol.. it barley ran. It backfired like crazy, and i was goin nuts tryin to figure out why.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
So, does this mean we'll see you prowlin' the streets? I'll be keeping my eye out for you (if you hear someone honking and or see someone waving like a madman, that's probably me!).

If your plans change over the Labor Day weekend, head up to Sears Point!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts