Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a few days of sanding, I finally have the car down to bare metal. Made it through 3 coats of primer, 2 coats of red paint and 1 coat of orange paint. Not to mention the bondo, I don't believe the PO believed in a Hammer and Dolley. Sorry to post this but I have to share my joy with someone. The wife just says, "That's nice Honey."

Thanks for all the great information at the VMF!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have to agree with Phil and your wife, and say "Thats wonderful darling!" /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
Well done.

I still have that fun job ahead of me, once when I am able to afford a nice new paintjob. As far as I can see, there are several old coats as well. Its so thick it chips at several spots... . /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Oh well.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Last week i finished my stereo install and went up stairs and told her "i got my stereo working" She replies, " yes i could hear it" with an unstated "and it was bothering my watching of TV. It took 3 weekends to get the system installed.

Sounds like your making great headway, post some pictures, were always interested.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Just you wait till you're trying to fix those bondo spots and you will later say "WTF was I thinking??? the panel was at least straight!"

Anyway, nice to have the car sanded and see what was underneath. I spent a lot of time doing what you are doing and man, those cheap body jobs are the pits. Sand 50 lbs of bondo off to find a small rust hole (or a large one) that is growing under there. Or, find a 1/2 ass repair of a panel.

I think MM sould come out and look at my car for project KISS! One heck of a lot cheaper than what they are doing and taking about the same length of time too!

Good luck,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts