Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My mother had a 1968 stang that she sold around 1974 or 75 when I was 2 or 3 years old. She passed away in 2004. Going through her paper work, I found the original warranty card to that car that you are supposed to discard once the dealer sent you your ownercard. The warranty plate has the warranty # and the vehicle data #.
Does anyone know how I can find who owns this car now? I am filling out a request for information form with the secretary of state, but not holding out much hope for that. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
All I have is bad news. The state we live in has privacy laws that they will use so as to blow your request off. Funny though, I have a F.O.I.D. card that seems that these laws don't apply too. Remember, elections have results.

Also, most cars usually hit the junk yards between their 8 and 12th year. It is possible that the car is long gone. I striped and junked a J code 68 fastback about 20 years ago. It was that bad.

Good luck on your search. How about a little more detail on the car? Collor, engine, body style?:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Go to the local PD and tell them your sob story. They may not tell you the owner, but ask them to tell you if its been registered or declared a loss. If you pull a sympathetic ear they might slip you the owner by accident (eg, "Don't look at this screen while I walk away to get a fresh cup of coffee."). Remember most officers are "regular joe" types that probably have nostalgic memories for their Dads old Galaxy.

-Z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts