Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pic of my 1:24 scale 65 Coupe "clone". Its really a 66. The kit was kind of fun to assemble, but more like really frustrating. Got the model on Schmebay and it is an old AMT/Ertl kit. The parts fit lousy and I cussed almost every phase. The model has a lot of flaws and definitely is not a museum piece. It ranks right up there with one of the worst quality kit models I've ever built. The engine compartment details leave a lot to be desired. But the poppy red color turned out ok and the interior looks great with the handpainted GT dash and console. I robbed parts off the kit shelby for the scoop, wheels and engine details. The newer Revell Shelby kit car is much more realistic and the fit is much better also. However, I at least have a 3-D idea of what I want the real thing to look like.

Got the suspension disassembled today for parts to go to the hot tank, then painted. Will finally order the suspension kit this week.

I started working on putting the corn feed pics on clubphoto. I should have that done this week and will include the link on my sig line.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I used a Kodak DC240i digital zoom camera to take the pics. I took about 30 pics to find a few that would work and not make the car look overly 'modelish'. The best pics were the ones that were taken with the shutter timer as not to vibrate the camera. There is a closeup option on the camera which doesn't let you use the zoom feature, but the picture quality was better. I used the room light and no flash for illumination. Sorry bout the deleted post.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
my son built me a "little" diorama a few years back for my Boss 302. He scavenged several kits to come up with all the bits and pieces.....

http://www.bossman-motorsports.com/bossmodel3.jpg

randy

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I wish I had web hgosting space so I could display a picture of all the models I've finished, hehehe...

nice lookin' model bro

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments guys./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Kit models are trickier to assemble than many people think, especially if you are trying to keep from getting glue on new paint with sticky fingers, for example.

Compliments to your son also for a really snazzy diorama! I looked it over for a long time and am still finding new details./forums/images/icons/cool.gif One of the more difficult yet successfull tricks was blackening out the magnum 500 wheels with flat black and a toothpick, then highlighting the chrome lug nuts with a tiny daub of silver. I see he probably had to do that to the boss wheels too. Very nice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts