Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't wait until the engine compartment was ready before painting the last two clear coats on the underside. So, today, I airbrushed to touch up some of the blue and gold areas, then shot two coats of clear over it all. It looks pretty darn good, and I'm not sure if I'm going to cut and buff it or not. I did get all the stripes buried nicely.

I also couldn't wait to check the subframe connectors and traction bars that have been masked for a month or so. I unmasked one of each and they survived well, even surprised myself! As soon as I get it all unmasked, I'll get some pictures and post them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I bet it look's nice! Post'em :thumbup:

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'll get some tonight, but I won't have it all unmasked. It's just too cold under there in the evening to work. Once the sun goes down, it's 40 degrees in the garage very quickly.

I did take a quick peek this morning, and it does look gorgeous! If it all looks as good as what I saw this morning, I'm not cutting and buffing any of it. I do have a couple of runs on the lower part of the passenger side tranny tunnel that I'll have to sand, and possibly reshoot, but that should be it.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
40 degrees! Wow! That's downright frigid! :eek:

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is when you're lying on concrete and it's a lot colder than that!

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Do Arizona people have sweatshirts or jackets?

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, especially those who live in the mountains. I'm in the low desert and it was 32 degrees this morning at my house. That's pretty typical weather. Then it goes to the mid-60s during the day. I own several jackets, sweatshirts, sweaters, and use an electric blanket. :lol:

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Try to keep warm and avoid frostbite! ;)

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What you also have to consider is that we have a heat pump at my house and they don't work after about 35 degrees. That means we have to turn off the heat around 10 pm or so, otherwise it blows cold air and many times it's down into the 20s here at night. It won't work until the sun starts warming the roof in the morning, usually around 7:30 am. It gets darn cold here!

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Careful, I hit back. ;)

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You sure do. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts