Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few minor problems we finally got my friend's 65 convertible wet-sanded, polished, and buffed out to a mirror finish and he drove it home last night. We got everything back on the car except for the headlights and the door and trunk lid gaskets but he's going to do that this week.

The color is pretty close to Poppy Red (poopy red?) and it's a GT so he'll be adding the white lower stripe decal later. Chuck and I were having a bit of a hard time with some of quality of the prep that was done (not by us) but overall the car looks good. It's just that you always know it could be better with a little more time. The big bug landing on the wet paint on the deck lid didn't help either. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

I took some pictures and will post them later tonight. The car did look a little funny with no headlights. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
What did you do about the primer? Last post I read, you were still worried about having used the wrong kind.

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It worked fine, no problems with it (he had used a reducer rather than a thinner in it). We also talked with a local paint shop that we trust and they said they also use reducer in that way. Our biggest problem was we turned off the fan too soon and that allowed the dust in the air to settle on to the hood and a couple other parts. We had to resand and repaint those. It's a learning process painting inside. We've always painted outside at dawn before (no wind then), but this time we built a paint booth.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Glad you got it finished..can you hop on a plane and help me install a Vert boot top?..*LOL*

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm, I've helped do that once. I think once was enough for me. It would take a big bribe. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts