Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to express my excitement that the engine roared to life on Saturday with very little problems! It was the first engine I have rebuilt (under watchful eye at times) and it almost brought a tear to my eye to hear it run! We had a wire problem and overworked the voltage regulator and located bad harness to the alternator. Got a 1 wire hook up alternator and that fixed the problem. Now I just have to fix the transmission leak around the dipstick tube which I will work on tomorrow and then adjust the rockers on the passenger side and it will be good to go! Well, it still needs a lot of work to be street ready, but I can run it up the block! Here's a link some of you probably have seen before of the engine. My web page

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I know how you feel. We fired my new engine up 4th of July weekend for the first time. Isn't it just a thrill to hear it pop off and run. Good job and good luck with the rest of the car. Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts