Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ON SATURDAY, I RODE ALONG WITH MY FRIEND STEVE TO THE CAR WASH TO RUN HIS MUSTANG THROUGH. THE ENGINE DIED WHILE WE WERE IN THE CAR WASH, AND WOULDN'T START. IT WAS ONE OF THOSE AUTOMATIC ONES THAT BLOWS THE CAR DRY, AND DOESN'T SHUT DOWN THE BLOWERS UNTIL IT SENSES THE CAR GOING THROUGH. SO WE GOT OUT TO PUSH, WITH A LINE OF CARS BEHIND US. WE HAD TO PUSH THE CAR OVER A FEW RAMPS IN THE BAY, THAT TOOK US ABOUT 5 MINUTES BEFORE WE GOT IT MOVING, WITH EVERYONE WATCHING AND WAITING BEHIND US. WHILE WE PUSHED IT THROUGH THE BLOWERS, WE WERE BOTH WEARING BASEBALL HATS, AND THE WIND FROM THE BLOWERS WAS SO WICKED THAT IT BLEW OUR HATS OFF BACK INTO THE CAR WASH. I WENT BACK TO GET THE HATS, AND ON MY SECOND TRIP THROUGH THE BLOWERS, IT BLEW A HAT OUT OF MY HAND AGAIN, SO I HAD TO GET IT FROM THE CAR WASH AGAIN. THE FUNNY PART IS AFTER ABOUT 10 MINUTES OF LOOKING LIKE TWO OF THE THREE STOOGES, STEVE GOT INTO THE CAR, TURNED IT OVER, AND IT STARTED IMMEDIATELY. I THINK THE CAR WAS TRYING TO PUNISH HIM FOR STORING IT IN A COLD SHED FOR THE LAST FIVE MONTHS.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Isn't it nice that it is the time of year when we can get our pride and joys out of storage and on the road to enjoy. Weather permitting I should have mine out this weekend.

68 GT500
68 1/2 CJ Coupe

MCA# 18519

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAh, all us daily drivers folks don't have that storage option;)

1968 Coupe, 6cyl Std, Bench Seat. Driven through 10 years of College.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts