Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working at home today laboriously figuring out a boring computer problem. At 1pm I had a meeting, so I picked up my things and walked outside - WOW - sunny and 57 degrees - best day in Michigan this year! As I drove to my meeting I could thing of nothing but my mustang... sitting alone in a dark garage waiting for me to finish installing the new steering wheel. On the way home I stopped by the auto store and rented a wheel puller - my heart was pumping as I raced home to finish my project. I had the new old wheel off and the new Grant wheel on in less than 30 minutes, installed the battery and (beep, beep) yep the horn works. Why stop there . . . I removed the rags from the carb and the exhaust, poured in a can of octane boost, lowered the car from the jack-stands, checked the fluids and hopped in to start her up. PUMP, PUMP, PUMP goes my heart and the accelerator. She was slow to start at first, and squeeked like a bitch for a second and let out tons of smoke (hmmm - what the he!! was that) , but then VROOOOOM - wahoo 4 months of storage and here we go!

I let the car warm up as I cleaned up a little and gathered the bucket - then I eased her out of the garage and outside for a bath. As I was washing her, I let it purr away at idle - HUMMMMMMMMMM. just as I was rinsing her, my son came home from school - I heard him scream - DADS GOT THE MUSTANG OUT - CAN WE GO FOR A RIDE. Heck yeah I said, grab some towels, we'll dry her off, put the top down and CRUISE!!!!

HAPPY SPRING EVERYBODY!!

Mike
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
You poor guys up North. I really do feel for you having to put the mustangs up for 4+ months.....then again you do have the joy of being able to take it out (absence makes the heart grow fonder?)
Perhaps the only advantage to a home in the South is year round mustanging. But we do suffer in the summer......(perhaps you'll be as sympathetic when I'm moaning about sweating my rear off this July). :) Happy Spring - Dickson

1965 GT fastback
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, but see, even if it's cooler here in MA in July, I'll still be moaning and whining because a previous owner decided it would be good to remove the A/C and power steering (thankfully the power steering was replaced by the man I bought it from!)! Oh well, at least I'll be happy at night :)

Michelle (aka Mustang Shelly)
1968 GT 390 Fastback
http://mich_pc.boltpages.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/lefbacsmall.jpg

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Hi, my only problem is which stang to drive the new one SWMBOs convertiblr or the 67 coupe (no AC) and sweat oh well guess I'll have to sweat in the summer just love that old stang. can't even pick em by color they are the same!!! LOL John

Opal frost pearl metallic 67 coupe http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/febef75b01.JPG
also have a 95 opal frost pearl G/T BOSS edition convertible belongs to swmbo

·
Registered
330 Posts
I hear 'ya, Here in the Cincinnati area it really stinks to put away the toys for the LOOONNNGGGG cold winter.
But as my neighbor says "It must be Spring, Rob's got the 'Stang out"

1965 Mustang coupe
1961 Thunderbird
1983 Monte Carlo Conv.
Yeah, thats right Convertible!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What are you all moaning about? Haven't you ever heard of
RAM AIR CONDITIONING. It was invented by my dad in the 70's to save on gas(in a car that has functional but never opperated AC). Aside from the recent cowl leak I discovered in my 66 coupe, I love the fresh air vent, open all the windows and blast up and down US 1 on a Southern CA summer! This weekend baybeee! Haven't driven since last September.

Diing to drive,

Bart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like my experience 2 days ago in Ohio... Good to see it warming up & the tops coming down!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1590821&a=12112344&p=43884139.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.