Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my wife's 2014 Mustang out to get us lunch yesterday. It gave me some motivation. So I took a day off from working on building the garage and decided to awaken my Mustang from it's long winter slumber.

Last year in August. I was prepping the car for the Dream Cruise and a car show when I ended up in the hospital. I missed all the car shows and cruises last year. I only drove my Mustang a couple of times a few miles. It has been under 1 tarp and 2 car covers ever since Sept 2019.

After I got done with yard work on 2 houses. I decided to wake up my Mustang.
It did not shock me that the Optima red top battery was dead. I don't have a trickle charger for it. The Mustang sleeps out side all year. Hopefully not next year.
I turned the key and just heard the normal clicking sound. I pulled my truck up and jumped it off my trucks Interstate battery. Those are damn good batteries by the way.
I gave the Mustang two good shots of starter fluid, and after a few minutes charging it started right up, and idled perfectly. I am still using a mechanical fuel pump so it takes a moment to get it some fuel.
When this car runs right, it really runs great.
After a wash. It was time to take it out and blow out the spiders. I needed to fill the tires anyway.
It still turns heads and I have people yelling from other cars asking what year it is. I just drove it for about 10 miles and came home. Thunderstorms were in the area and my wipers move as slow as a one legged turtle.

I have to get out and drive these cars more. Now more than ever. It really took my mind off all the BS of 2020. There is just something so magical about driving these cars.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Good therapy for you I'm sure. All work and no play, makes Jack...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Driving a vintage Mustang is like having a time machine. Somehow it takes your mind off what you do not want to think about and driving just feels like simpler times and is good for the soul. I feel like driving mine is my therapy lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts