Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the stang out to the track today for the first time since installing the the 347 this past spring. It was perfect day to be at the track: sunny 60 degrees and not to busy.

I definately had a traction issue, so I was really trying to ease it off the line but I was having some trouble being real conistent. I got about 7 runs in, and 2 were solid.

Here are the numbers of my best run of the day:

R/T .251 (my best reaction time of the daywas .218)
60' 2.266
330 5.816
1/8 8.675
MPH 88.33
1000 11.139
1/4 13.212
MPH 109.23

All in all I am pretty happy considering the car has not even really been tuned yet, definately time to start thinking about drag radials for next year!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Glad You had good day. Times sound good, did you run a class or bracket? Is this the last Sunday for the track?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't think that is to bad anytime you can end at over 100mph in my opinion is a good run. Congradulations . Do I see a Vintage Mustang day in the future for us. Dave

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it wasn't to bad- I am definately happy so far, from my MPH, most people seemed to think it would run low 12s with a drag radial.

Jim- it was just a test and tune so there were all kinds of cars running, I went with my Dad ('01 corvette), and two buddies ('04 Mustang GT & '06 GTO) I had the best ET and my dad had the best MPH (actually his car did, I was driving it that run!!)

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I run 12.3 best with 108.something with 17 inch drag radials.

With the sway bar off and the stall up to 3500 this year I am hoping I might be able to eek it into the 11.99 but will most likely not be close enough.

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
Those are pretty good times. I've got a stroked 351 and the best I've gotten with similar stuff was a 14.00. Let's see if times improve when I get done putting in the T-5 and pulling out the AOD I've had.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dodgestang- what is the exact size drag radial you are running?

I am currently trying to decide what route I want to go- either seperate track only wheels with M/T ET streets, or more of a street friendly drag radial.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I run a 275 40 17 on a 17x8 4.75 TTii.
They don't fit good enough on my car to use anywhere else than the track, but at CF last year we put them on Ronnie's 66 and took it for a spin around the block a couple times and they fit ok for street use.

I've had both quarters replaced on my mustang before I bought it and they aren't on exactly perfect. I can fit the wheel just fine on the passenger side but it sticks out on the driver side which is why I only use them at the track

PS if you bring it out to CF next year you can try them on too and run it down the track for one pass free of charge. Second pass will cost you ;)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well now that the car runs reliably (so far!) I will try to make it cornfeed- its been to risky of an idea till now. I have a line on some M/T ET Streets (26x10.5 15") that I am going to try to get for $100, then I was thinking about picking up some cheap Summit 15x8 steel wheels. But this would be strip only set up and not be streetable at all.

As a side note I think I am going to try to make the Hot Rod Power Tour next year as well.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to go to the track with mismatched wheels....I'm so darn vain.

I might not be the fastest...but I do like to look gooooood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts