Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like i said before my F/B is going to look quite different next spring. I just brought it to the body shop last weekend. He has already put the fiberglass hood on to check out the fit. He told me that it will need a little work before he will be happy with it(bows up a little towards the back on the sides)nothing he can't fix. Otherwise he said it fits real nice(gap wise)and the light hood springs work great! He said I could buy a new fiberglass hood but chances are it will need some tweaking also and it might even need more work than the one i've got. So I guess I will just throw some more money into this one and make it right.

Dave

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Look forward to more pictures. :D

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
how do you check a hood for fitment with no fenders on it?

& they all bow up a bit in the rear

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ditto. Aren't the fenders key in making sure the gaps are correct all the way around?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Aren't the fenders key in making sure the gaps are correct all the way around?
Yep.

How bad is the "bow" of the rear of the hood IRT the cowl? There will be a slight difference between the two pieces.

Dave

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to tell in the post that the fenders were on when he checked the fit. the fenders are at the beadblasters now. When he gets them back,the doors will go in next,then lastly the trunk lid,then he will put everything back together and check fit.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts