Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take this opportunity to say Hello to everyone. I have been "lurking" on this site for a while now and you all seem like a nice bunch of folks! I am not really new to this hobby/obsession. I did own and semi-restore another 67 'stang in High School. But after a break of TOO many years, have decided to jump back in with both feet.(If the pic below works you can see what I mean.LOL)

Now for the question.
Does anyone here have a good picture, or can describe, the factory shock tower weld reinforcement for a 67 Big Block?

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
On my cv it looks like a beginning welder made several long tacks (maybe 1")each to tie the 3/16" plate to the shock tower .

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine also looks like a beginnig welder had at it.LOL But mine seems to be a continuious bead that runs up under the support. No extra metal like on some of the later year cars. Just wondering if this is correct or not?

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Over the years I've even seen one side like mine and the other like yours .Obviously two welders , one on each side . :: :p ::

K

·
0 Posts
Are you sure your car is the Ebay Mustang that you have restored to original purchased condition????? :D :D :D :D

Welcome. ::

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey welcome into the fray ;)

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Hi Chris and welcome. There are a lot of great people here with a lot of smarts on the mustangs and cars in general. And some that just like to have fun. Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Can't help with the question, but welcome to the board. All of the ones I have had are small block cars.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome, I don't know first hand but I found this at Metro Mustang.

Good luck with your project and enjoy the VMF... :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the responses everyone.
Thanks for the link Mach Mike. I may want to go that way in the future, but was more interested in finding out if the weld job was Ford or somthing the PO did. Man that is bad lookin weld!
The condition in the pic is actually BETTER than the as purchaced E-bay condition!! You should have seen the size of the dent in the q-panel before I started! ::

1 - 15 of 15 Posts